Chapter 7: Apple Family Reunion

It was great day today in the barn at Sweet Apple Acres as all of the apples are preparing to get ready for their next family reunion together. Applejack is seen standing on the top rung of the ladder leading up to the hayloft carrying a dusty box that had a quilt, a book, an apple with a bite in it, and other old stuff in it.

Applejack: Ha! Found 'em!

Granny Smith is waiting down below as the box is thrown down next to her, raising a cloud of dust as its flaps fall open. Granny Smith accidentally inhales the dust around her causing her to give out a loud sneeze.

Granny Smith: Aaa-choooo!

Applejack: Heh. Gesundhoof.

Granny Smith: Why, thank you, Applejack. I still can't believe it's been almost one hundred moons since our last family reunion. Aw, I remember it like it was yesterday.

Applejack: Well, you have been talkin' about it pretty much every day since then.

Granny Smith: Apple Bloom! How them RSVPs comin' along? Who's showin' their muzzle at the reunion?

Apple Bloom was seen sitting over a hay bale checking envelopes of who in her family has sent messages of who is going to show up at the reunion.

Apple Bloom: Everypony!

Granny Smith: Everypony?! Feathers on a goat. Are you sure?

Apple Bloom: Well, I got RSVPs from Apples from Yonder Hill, Hollow Shades, Galloping Gorge, Foal Mountain, Apples from Fillydelphia, Tall Tale Town, and all the Apples from Appleloosa!

Granny Smith can only get out an inarticulate sound of total shock at the end of this roll call. Apple Bloom then happily hops off of who she says next.

Apple Bloom: Oh! And how could I forget? Manehattan! Babs is comin'! I get to see my favorite cousin!

Granny Smith: I think we're gonna need a bigger cider trough. Wasn't expectin' this much of the family to come. *chuckles* But who am I kidding? It'll be happy to see all of our Apple companions again this year.

Applejack nods at that before the thought of a certain somepony came into her mind.

(Y/N): (In Applejack's mind) I care a lot about Sweet Apple Acres and I can't stand to see it gone. I care about you and the Apple family a lot as well, Applejack.

Just thinking of that statement made Applejack blush and she looks up into the air a little bit lovesick for (Y/N). However, Granny Smith did not fail to notice this.

Granny Smith: Applejack? What's with the pink glow on your cheeks?

Applejack broke out of her daydream as she pops her eyes wide open and darts her eyes back and forth.

Applejack: Uh, nothing Granny! Whoo-wee, is it gettin' hot in here? Could really use some air conditioning.

Applejack says that as she takes her hat off of her head and fans herself trying to play it off. However, Granny Smith was not convinced that was the case as she smirks a little.

Granny Smith: Nice try, young'un. Ya were thinkin' about (Y/N) weren't ya?

Applejack: No! W-Well, I mean possibly, but. . . it's I'm. . .

Granny Smith chuckles a bit at Applejack stammering.

Granny Smith: Don't be so embarrassed, Applejack. As a matter of fact, why don't ya invite (Y/N) over here for the reunion?