Chapter 5

Sorry I have lots of stuff to do so this one is extra short D:

By the time they finished exploring the astronomy tower and herbology greenhouse, it was evening. Many people would still look at them, but no one would ask questions. It was dinner in the Great Hall and although everyone was interested in them, they were less curious. Rumors about their sparring spread like wildfire and people wanted to know what it was like, watching six strangers do something that they've never seen. Some even said that the girl had jumped higher and run faster than a normal human being should be able to.

The Hufflepuffs were all asked about the newcomers and what they were like but they didn't know, even when they sat right next to the clones. They didn't understand anything they were talking about. They only caught some talk about war? Generals? Starships?

Snape wasn't sure what to believe. He had been in his office for most of the morning and afternoon and now he was here looking at six people that didn't look like anything he had ever seen. He had tried to read their minds, trying to find something, but surprisingly, all of their minds were shielded. He pushed a little, and that's when he knew he messed up. The girl glared straight at him, giving him the warning to stop. He did, even though he was curious about how the girl was talented in Occlumency.

~

Hermione saw the group and wondered what species the girl was and why all the men looked the same.

"Hermione, stop gawking at them," Ron said, grabbing food from the center of the table.

She turned to him. "Aren't you even a bit curious about why they're here? And where do they come from? I've never seen clothes or people who looked like that."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Of course we're curious. But they're minding their own business and we might as well mind our own."

Hermione made a frustrated noise. "Remember, in the Gryffindor room? How they were fighting? Why do they need to be that good? And what's that sign on the men's shirts?"

Ron sighed. "Hermione, you ask too many questions." She ignored him and continued to watch them, scenarios running through her head. She saw the camaraderie displayed during lunch. When the girl turned towards Umbridge, the professor turned pale and she wanted to know why.

"Hermione, if you keep looking at them, they'll notice," Harry told her.

She looked at him. "Can we use your invisibility cloak to follow them?" Harry looked taken aback.

"Umm, why do we need to use an invisibility cloak?" Ron asked.

"Well, they're soldiers, right? If you were a soldier and someone was following you, how would you react? I don't want them to know it was us."

"And I thought you were the one who followed the rules," Ron muttered.

"I'm also the one who's the most curious so deal with it." Hermione snapped back.

"Fine, we'll use it." Harry relented hesitantly. He was also as curious as Hermione but he didn't voice it.

"You too? Didn't you hear what Professor McGonagall said?" Ron protested. "I didn't think I was the one who had the common sense here."

So, when they saw the six people leave, they followed.