The Death of the Guardian

Izuku felt both weightless, but heavy at the same time. He peered into the dark void as he felt as if he was standing somewhere. He had heard a soft voice, but wasn't aware of where it had come from. "Come on Ghost, I need that revive sooner rather than later." Izuku said to himself as he looked himself over to see that he was all in one piece.

"Worry not Guardian, the Light works in many mysterious ways, such as allowing us to communicate now." Izuku head the voice from behind him as he turned to look at a robed man wearing a mask.

" Izuku head the voice from behind him as he turned to look at a robed man wearing a mask

"Who are you, I'm pretty sure I'm currently dead, so this is I assume my mindscape." Izuku asked as he looked the man over. He felt a strange connection to the person.

"Yes, you did indeed die Guardian, and it is the Light that connects us now. I am the Speaker, I was a part of the Last City, which I assume your Ghost told you about, no?" The man introduced as the Speaker asked.

"You where the one who could supposedly hear the Traveler right? Where is it now, what happened to it?" Izuku asked the Speaker as he chuckled slightly.

"Where it is, even I cannot say young Guardian. As for what happened to it, the Light fell. After healing itself to help protect Humanity from destruction, it eventually was forced to leave. Though where the Light goes, the Darkness follows. Humanity's second golden age came to a close as the forces of Darkness soon left out system. The Traveler hid away what it could as Humanity fell again into an era of darkness." The Speaker explained.

"And then we came back as we always do and started living again with no traveler, no blessings." Izuku finished.

"Correct. Though now, let the stories of the Last City not be forgotten. Guardian, you are the last of us, and you shall be the brightest Light of us all. Your Ghost has the stories, it is up to you to listen to them and learn. I can sense that you are already well on your way, you already seem ready to conquer the wilds like a few Hunters I used to know." The Speaker chuckled as he looked at Izuku, "And you are certainly dressed as one of the most flamboyant of the Hunters, that is for sure. But my time has ended, so now go forth and write new stories Guardian." 

Izuku could feel it now, there was a warm sensation as he felt a tug at his mind. "Guess I gotta get back to work huh?" Izuku smirked as he vision went dark.

_____

The class was in a state of shock. Izuku Midoriya had just been killed in front of them as the Nomu starred them down. Shigaraki was laughing like a maniac as the majority of the class was on their knees sobbing. "Someone apparently didn't tell you what a Guardian stands for." A voice was heard. It was cold, but there was a hint of sarcasm and confidence burning behind it. 

Rubble fell away from the hole that Izuku was previously as a small drone flew out. "They didn't, care to show them Guardian?" The drone asked as it spun to look at the hole it had flown out of. A hand grasped the edge of the concrete stairs as a boy pulled himself from the rubble. Rolling for a second, he leveled himself out as his black cloak fluttered behind him.