Meddlesome Beings

An: This is my first time writing Fanfiction in this place and also writing a Fate fanfic. English isn't my first language and I apologize if there was a lot of grammar errors and Incorrect use of words.

Hope you like it!

------------------

Usually, in the cliche stories, it was commonly depicted that in the last moments of your life- you would have the memories of your life flashing over you.

Alas, it wasn't the same case for myself. When I know that my death was near, i was filled with a lot of panic, fear and a desperate wish of not wanting to die. Somehow, i still wanted to live, even my life is completely pathetic.

My eyes must be wide with shock and dilating with terror. This is the end of my life. I was just an innocent bystander. Walking on the sidewalk with a sullen look on my face. It was always the normal expression that I wore everyday. Since the day, that I was force to leave my dreams behind. I was walking on the same path on my way back home everyday. It was a familiar routine for myself. How come, something unexpected like this has happened?

I didn't have enough time to move out of my sullen thoughts and move my body away from the incoming death. I could put an effort if I tried hard enough. But, I'm certain that it would be useless. With this fat and weak body of mine, there's no enough time.

For the last time, my eyes happened to move into something. A logo sticker on the vehicle that would kill me. It must be a coincidence and a horrible way to die. My last thought was " I happened to order something from that delivery company and this is their way to brought the package? " something like that and thinking if I should get a refund.

With that, the truck squashed me into a bloody watermelon pulp. I didn't have enough time to register the pain. The truck has destroyed my brain in the process.

-----------------------

After the death, I was not expecting something. I wasn't expecting to have the capacity of the 'will' or able to have a 'consciousness'. I wasn't a believer of the concept of afterlife. I was a man of Science. Even I am no longer in my profession and pursuit, a mere concept of those beliefs- even my parents were faithful believers- I doesn't believe on them. I was a pretender.

So something happening of this scale was an unbelievable concept for me. I know that I wasn't in the hospital. There was no chance that I manage to be alive after that accident. Other than my consciousness- I wasn't able to feel anything or my senses. I don't know if I even have a body- This phenomenon sure is amazing...

While I was busy of thinking of many possibilities because of this wonderful phenomenon, I suddenly feel something have appeared within my mind. My own consciousness.

« You can reincarnate me in fictional worlds right? »

It was a voice or memory of someone so familiar. A young voice full of excitement, child like wonder, awe, longing and greed? A variety of emotions. It was a voice of someone questioning someone.

« They really exist out there? »

That person questioned again. It's voice was full of curiosity and excitement. Somehow, I have this strange sensation within my able thinking consciousness. How can this thing.... sound so familiar? It suddenly appeared out of nowhere, which cause myself to feel surprise, but other than that feeling, within myself, there was this deep feeling of closeness?

« You know the multiverse theory? Right? Right? »

If I was still capable of expressing an emotion on my face, it must be a face filled with hurt and regret. I was surprise by the information. I didn't expect to hear that word again. That word that led me to where I am today. While I was being reminded of my regret, other part of my consciousness thought that the voice of the young man was filled with excitement. Young man.. I was certain that it was a young man from what's with this mysterious memories that suddenly appeared within myself. How can I be certain? Part of me wanted to question. But other part of me dreaded to find the answer. I continued on 'watching' how the memories would play out.