Orleans Singularity: Deviation (1)

It's been one week since then. My hands never felt dirtier than before in this life. I was just formerly a young man in my past. In the very first life that I remembered, I was an useless Otaku until the day that I died and made that careless wish in that vindictive ROB bastard. Now, here I am rampaging, burning and pillaging properties in the Orleans. I stared at my reflection at the metal rod that I was holding firmly on my hands. Now that I was a servant, I am in the appearance of my 14 year old self. My hair turned prematurely gray and now I have a mismatched colored eyes staring back at me. I have the familiar round glasses but the black robes and the dirty white apparel underneath it was new.

After staring at my reflection for a moment, I turned my gaze at the burning architectures. It was my doing. I burned them. Both of my hands clenched tightly at the metal rod that I was holding.

After being ordered by Jeanne D'arc Alter, I thought of disobeying her and escaping. I tried that stupid idea. Even thought I know that I am only one and there was other servants obeying her orders. I don't want to obey her and do atrocious things. So I really tried it. The result? My left hand unconsciously went to the right side under my chest. Even it wasn't so fatal just like before, it was still painful.

" Hughes, are you finished? "

Behind a distance from myself, I can hear her voice. I turned and found myself looking at Berserk Rider. I nodded my head.

" Good. " She smiled. " We should go now, Hughes. "

" Yes, Saint Martha. "

I followed after her. In the distance, I can already see the sad looking ferocious dragon. I turned my gaze last time and closed my eyes for a brief moment. Behind me was the scene of flames burning the town. And there are wyverns flying in the night sky.

The First day that I was summoned, I have tried to go against the order and escape. It ended with me facing the annoyance of Jeanne. As a reward, Jeanne has ordered Vlad to impale me. Saint Martha intercepted and it resulted with me being impaled under the right side of my chest. It was thanks to her that I wasn't sent back to the throne of heroes and only suffered from a grievous injury. As a servant, I have survive from that injury that have should killed a normal man. Despite surviving, it wasn't still fully healed. There was still the lingering pain until now. On the timeline of one week, King Charles VII was killed by Jeanne D'arc Alter. On that one week, she continued on her crusade to destroy every town and villages, killing people with the help of us the servants and the soldiers under the creepy Gilles de Rais. In the span of one week, I have seen a lot of people getting killed. Whether they are sinner or innocent, young or old, it was as Jeanne D'arc Alter say's no matter what beliefs they have, kill them all equally. I have just watched them killed doing nothing. Who am I kidding? I have done something. I joined them. I have stained my hands. My first time... I killed an innocent young boy. It was in the third day, when Jeanne notice that I was just burning and destroying the properties in every town that we came across. She was also displeased when she learned how I wasn't a strong servant. I didn't even know how to properly fight. My body was weak, even as a servant.

" Someone like you, is a Servant? Your capabilities is as good as a human. The only extraordinary thing on you was your mana. A weak servant, you are only good as a Mana provider. "

She said those words with a cold and stern expression on her face. Then, it lead to me being ordered to killed an innocent kid while we were destroying one of the town that refused to follow Jeanne Alter.

When she said those words, I am not surprised at my condition, since in this world, I am just after all an ordinary civilian. A Scientist– hailed as a delusional charlatan by the people. Force to leave behind my life research and work. My failures led me up with a sullen look and wasting away my life. I didn't even realize the existence of magic in this world while I was still alive. It just happened after I died and have my memories back. I also don't still understand why I have just get my memories back after I died.