Let me stay

"Hey Em?" I ask.
"Yeah?" She shouts.
"I got your mail for you!"
"Thanks! Hey is there a card from my brother in there? He's on a trip with his girlfriend to Turks and Caicos. He's said he would send a postcard with some pictures in it."
"Uh yeah there is, can I look at it?" I request.
"Sure. I be right there. I just need to change."
"Okay." I say.

I break the seal that says
"To: Emily J. Stone".
Sliding the card stock postcard out of the envelope, It has pictures of them enjoying the clear blue water and the white hot sand of the beach. "Wow." I say as Emma walks from her bedroom. "I know isn't it beautiful!"
"Yeah it's amazing. Why can't we go on a trip like this?" I ask. "We can, but we don't have time right now." She holds my hands.

"I don't think we'll ever have time." I groan a little. "Andrew that's not true. When I'm done with this movie, then we can go on a Romantic getaway..." she lowers her voice, "Just you and me, okay?"
I lean in closer so I can hug her tight. "Okay." She smiles at me genuinely and I plant a kiss on her neck. "Andrew I can't remember, my mom is coming tomorrow."

"Not until morning though." I state. I kiss her hard on the lips. She smiles while we share tenderness. It makes me weak when she kisses back. She is my only weakness. I feel my heart drop when she runs her fingers through my hair. I feel my eyes lock into one place when she holds me.

I can feel her slow breathing against my bare chest as she attaches herself to me right now. She's still sleeping when I move my arm around her. She moans knowing she has to wake up. "Hey." I laugh quietly. "Hi" she says barely making any noise. "Did you sleep okay?" "Yeah I did." She's still quiet. We lay there a few minutes until Emma shot straight up and looked at the clock.

"Oh crap I forgot!"
"What!?" I worry.
"Shit my mom is going to be here in 2 hours!"
"So?"
"So, I have to get ready and clean my apartment. And you can't be here!" She says while getting up.
"Why not?"
"Because if she finds you with some of your stuff here, then she'll know that we're sleeping together, and I don't want my mom to find that out because it's embarrassing." As she picks up stuff.
"Em calm down its fine; I'll help you clean."
"Andrew I wish you could but I just need to do this by myself."
"No you don't, I'm here now." I start to put on pants.
"Look," she starts buttoning my shirt up. "It's just that my mom is... I actually don't know what she is, but right now I need you to go home and take a shower and shave and put clean clothes on."

I just smile at her. "What? Why do you keep smiling at me?" She laughs. "You're cute when you're mad." She grins. "Yeah well I can't help it." She laughs.
"Em?" She sighs. "What?" I look down at my shirt.
"You're four buttons off." She looks down and gives a huge blow of air.
"Whatever." She can't help to laugh. "Now will you please just let me deal with my mom, and you can come back tonight around 6 ish?"
"Okay." By that time I'm in the doorway of the apartment complex.

"6?" I ask.
"Yeah. And don't be late. Because I need you."
I beam at her with the realization that she needs me.
"I love you." I say warmth.
"I love you too." She kisses me amidst my lips.

I can't help to ask. "Let me stay please."
"Andrew please don't do this."
"Why your mom loves me."
She looks down at our hands, which are intertwined, and sighs.
"Okay. I won't." I say sincerely. And kiss her.
"Thank you." She hugs me close. "No problem."

I step down towards the sidewalk and see a flash in the corner of my eye. I know it was a picture. And I know the world knows that I am Emily Jean Stone's boyfriend. But I don't care. I love her with all of my compassion and sympathy.

And with that, I walk home smiling. Not even bothering to fix my shirt.