• (alex x max) teammates

Loosely based off of a comment Max made a few weeks ago that BROKE my heart. Yes I'm dramatic, it wasn't actually that big of a deal. I'm watching the press conference while writing this and Alex came on.. this boy always looks like he's about to cry.

I wanna hug him^__________________________________Night before Abu Dhabi gp

I wanna hug him^
__________________________________
Night before Abu Dhabi gp

"Why did you say that?!" Alex shouted at his boyfriend from across the bedroom.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean it like that." Max said on the verge of tears.

"Yeah of course you didn't." Alex rolled his eyes. "So I just don't matter to you then? Is that it."

"No babe, that's not it." Max whispered grabbing Alex's hand. "You matter to me more than anything in the world! Don't ever think that I don't."

"Then why did you say it then.. you know they listen to you." Alex cried taking his hand away.

"Hey, you know I love being teammates with you.. I said that because we agreed on not letting the public know about us." Max said exasperatedly, tears now fully running down his cheek. "Please forgive me.."

"Yes I know.. but you didn't have to say you would prefer a different teammate that 'pushes you more,' you know how everyone feels about me at Red Bull, they hate me and now I guess people will think the all great Max Verstappen hates me too." Alex whispered, his voice breaking. "Is it because I out qualified you and you're jealous that I finally beat you?"

"No that's not it, I'm so happy for you my love. I'll go straight to the team and say that I don't want them to get rid of you.. Because I don't!" Max said, cupping his hands around Alex's face.

"It's ok... you don't need to do that. I need to prove myself. I'll win." Alex said sadly, a glint of determination I'm his eye.

"You've already proved yourself so much, but I think you can win, you're starting p 3 and that's high enough, look at Checo, he won the race last week from the back of the grid." Max smiled but tears still ran down his face.

"Please don't cry my love, I'm sorry for blowing up at you." Alex said wiping Max's tears off with his thumb.

Max placed his head on Alex's shoulder. "I love you Ally, and I would never want you to be replaced."

"I love you too Maxy." He whispered into his ear

...
Morning of the race

"Babe babe babe! I have good news!" Max shouted shaking Alex awake.

"What is it? Why are you yelling?" Alex said yawning, his eyes adjusting to the light that was peering through the window to see his boyfriend, he was in his race suit but it was unzipped to reveal his defined abs, his hair was disheveled and he looked exhausted but he had a smile larger than the Cheshire Cat plastered onto his face.

"Lewis has to start from the back! He had an engine replacement, so all you have to do is get past Valtteri and you'll win!" Max cheered.

Alex laughed, "you say it like that's so easy, there's so many parts to a race than just overtaking."

"Well with Lewis out of the way it will be easier!" Max said pouting cutely, "come one, I thought you would be happier."

"I am happy, but I just know I'm going to mess up." Alex said "now stop giving me that look, you are way too cute for this early in the morning."

Max laughed zipping up his suit "better?"

Alex shook his head, "No no, it was much better before. But I'm serious baby, I'm going to fuck up everything just like I always do."

"Hey that's not true, you don't. And I believe in you. You can win." Max said kindly. "Now get up and get ready or we will be late."

"Ok ok, I'm getting up."

(race summary because I'm really lazy)

That Sunday in Abu Dhabi was warm and bright, the sky was blue and there were only a few sparse clouds in the sky, the start of the race was bad for Alex, he badly locked up into turn one and had to put for new tires earlier than they had planned, which meant he was p12 on only lap 5. Bottas was still in the lead with Max and Daniel in the next podium spots but Alex was determined, he was determined to get up there, prove to everybody that doubted him. Slowly as the other drivers began to pit led to Alex already in p6. It was the second to last lap and Alex was in p2 with Bottas less then a second ahead of him and then...

"P1 Alex! That's a win!" Alex heard his engineer say through the radio.

He couldn't say anything, he was frozen in shock, Max was right.. he could do it. He did it and it wasn't a dream.

__________________________________
Nice little fluff one here, @bakugouwchan wanted a Alex and Max one so i made this disaster of a chapter :)
This chapter will either age really well or really terribly and I hope it's the first one... I really want Alex to stay in f1. I neeeeed Alex to stay in f1. I love you all! Thanks for reading!

💛- C