f i v e

Peyton's pov

Sleeping in the basement of a house wasn't that bad if you imagined you were actually in the comfort of your own home in your bed.

God I miss my bed

Some guy with red hair came into the basement to blow up an air mattress for me to sleep on. He gave me a pillow and a blanket and left.

The blanket wasn't too thin so I wasn't cold. I had to sleep with my arms above my head which wasn't too uncomfortable. I say sleep as I slept at all. I couldn't tell what time it was since there weren't any clocks. I knew that I stood up pretty late because I watched the sun come up. I couldn't sleep all I could think of was how worried my family had been. Their daughter was kidnapped while they slept. I honestly have no idea what I would do if I was in their situation.

Billie's pov

I woke up and checked my phone it was 6:30 so I decided to check on Peyton.

I did everything I needed to do before going downstairs to the kitchen. I made breakfast for myself and Peyton.

I tried to make everything look pretty and appetizing

I tried to make everything look pretty and appetizing. I didn't want her to hate me she just needed to fear me a little.

Peyton's pov

I heard the door open and out came Billie holding what looked to be a tray of food.

"Eat".

The fuck, why did she say that so aggressively. Who the fuck wakes up that mad in the morning.

"Do you need anything"?

"No", I say trying to reciprocate the same attitude.

"Fix your attitude before I fix it for you".

No need to sound like my mother.

I didn't know how to respond so I didn't which only caused her to become even angrier. She started to clear her throat, I'm assuming she wanted me to say something but once again I didn't know what to say so I didn't.

"I said to fix your fucking attitude".

I wasn't even doing anything I was eating the fucking food you gave me to eat. Why does she sound exactly like my mother?

"I'm sorry Billie", was all I could say. She wasn't expecting me to know her name because her face completely changed.

"How do you know my name"?

"The first day you gave in her some boy walked in and said your name".

"Don't listen in on conversations that don't concern you".

Just don't talk in front of me it's that simple. Do you want me to plug my ears every time you decided to speak in my vicinity? What exactly do you want me to do?

"My bad, it won't happen again".

She sat in a wooden chair that was in front of me in silence until I finished eating. She took the tray and left.

Why do I like when she's aggressive?

I don't.

Yes, you do.

Shut up no I don't.

-----------------

498 words

if you like the book so far consider voting and commenting it helps.