Chapter Twenty One

"And you're sure that everything's set up?" Beck asked.

Robbie nodded. "For the fifth time, yes." He replied. "We've got the amps plugged up, the lights hooked up, the instruments tuned, the mics checked, and the stage was even rot checked for termites."

Beck gave Robbie a quizzical look. "Why termites specifically?"

"Evidently they were a bad problem a few years ago at Hollywood Arts. They were at their worst when Thalia Phelps tried to perform a song she wrote onstage and the stage wasn't checked."

"I've never heard of Thalia Phelps..." Beck remarked.

Robbie nodded. "Me neither, I'm just going off of what Sinjin told me. Hey, Sinjin!" Robbie turned around and looked at Sinjin, who was mounting one of the lights. "What happened to Thalia Phelps, anyway?"

"No one knows." Sinjin said mysteriously. "She fell through the stage, and the next thing she knew, she was in a world where she had to follow a yellow brick road and evade an evil witch."

Robbie sighed. "I think you're getting your stories mixed up..." he remarked, but then looked back at Beck. "Hey," he began, "you okay?"

Beck sighed and nodded. "I just...really wish she was awake to see this."

"I know." Robbie replied. "We all do. But that's why we're doing this tonight. It's for her." He looked back at the crowd that was beginning to form. "We're on in ten, I'm gonna make sure my guitar is tuned."

And with that, Beck was alone.

He looked at the crowd that was gathering. Sighing at still no sign of Jade, Tori, or Andre, he went back to get his mic stand. Guess Tori and Andre would be a bit late, what with them setting up the tv at the hospital.

Ten minutes went by like ten seconds, and before Beck knew it, he was standing before half of Hollywood Arts High School, everyone looking up at him with anticipation.

"Uh, hey, everybody." Beck said into the mic. "Thank you all for coming. This is a...special performance. As most of you probably know, a few months ago, me, Tori Vega, Cat Valentine, and Jade West were in an accident. Because of this, Jade's been in a coma for the past few months. I'd give anything to see her awake tonight, to hold her close again, to get yelled at by her again..." he laughed, but got serious again. "Jade, if you hear this tonight, I hope you know that I love you so much, and I'm looking forward to when you wake up. And now without further ado..." he nodded to Robbie, who began to play. He was then accompanied by the bass and electric guitar, and then the keys. Soon, the drums joined in. And then, the song officially started.

Beck hadn't felt like he sang from the heart as much as he did during this very moment. This was more than just a song. This was his song. This was Jade's song. This was their song. And he would sing it as many times as he needed if it let her know how much he missed her.

As the final note was played, Beck opened his eyes. He was met with massive applause, but he also heard something else. He turned to his left, noticing Cat trying to get his attention.

"Beck!!" She called, excitedly pointing to the audience. Beck followed where she was pointing with his eyes, and then practically felt his heart stop.

Shoving his mic back into its stand, he raced to the back of the stage, down the steps, around the corner, and the four feet that felt like four hundred miles to grab a girl in a wheelchair and hold her tight. To cry so hard that he could be mistaken for being in pain. A girl in the front row, in a wheelchair, sitting beside Andre and Tori. She had dark hair with colorful highlights, pale skin, and icy blue eyes.

His Jade was awake.