03 | First Night Out

Nina wrapped a thick gray towel around her body after stepping out of the shower, tucking a small piece of it in the crease above her left breast to keep the towel up without the need to hold it

She walked back into their bedroom to get dressed because she would probably pass out if she got dressed in the bathroom. Hell, it took a lot of restraint to keep herself from passing out while in the shower. She liked her water scorching hot but she couldn't say she felt the same for the consequences that came from it.

As she lathered her body up with strawberry pound cake scented whipped lotion from Bath & Body Works, she began to play out in her head how the conversation that she was about to have with Tyler would go. She was nervous just thinking about it, honestly.

He was currently on his way home from the gym, and probably wasn't expecting what she was about to bring up. When she came home last night, he apologized again for causing an argument and most likely assumed things were all peachy again. Nothing was peachy though. Nothing at all.

Speaking him up, Tyler walked into the bedroom while pulling his shirt off just as Nina turned her bra around to face the proper direction after clipping it on backwards. The first thing he did was lean down to her height to give her a kiss.

"I got a date planned for us today. I know things have been a little rocky, but I'm about to work on getting back on track with you. I'm going to fix it for us, ok? I messed up. It's on me, not you. I'm sorry." He then kissed her forehead, and her eyebrows slowly lost the tension they held.

She wondered if he suspected the future divorce conversation and was just trying to save face or if he was genuinely apologetic. Another possibility was that he may have happened to see the two to-go suitcases that she'd packed in the middle of the night.

"I love you. You the best thing that ever happened to me and I'm sorry that it might not always feel like that. I'm working on being a better husband to you." There it goes again; as much as she hated to admit it, the manipulation was slowly getting through to her.

"I love you too Tyler.." She mumbled, allowing him to get one more kiss, which put a smile on his face.

He left his Nike workout fanny pack on the bed before heading into the bathroom to take a shower, and Nina crawled underneath the covers on the bed, grabbing the remote to turn the TV on.

Now she was second guessing her decision.

"Ugh." She groaned in frustration, upset with herself for losing the clarity she just had.

Nina decided to watch criminal minds to put her mind on something else for a while. When she saw that the Hulu account on their TV had been signed out of again, she leaned up to grab Tyler's phone out of his fanny pack. She could hardly remember any of their passwords, so she usually just used his phone to connect to the TV.