19 | Bye Bye

Nina's leg bounced repeatedly in place as she tried to focus on the episode of Baddies West playing on the TV in Samir's bedroom; she'd already watched the entire season but she needed something to occupy her attention for now, and this was the mo...

Nina's leg bounced repeatedly in place as she tried to focus on the episode of Baddies West playing on the TV in Samir's bedroom; she'd already watched the entire season but she needed something to occupy her attention for now, and this was the most eye-catching.

It was going on seven in the evening and she was currently waiting for Samir to come back home from work. She didn't realize how boring she actually was until Tyler turned her credit card off, which stopped her Pilates membership and everything else she did as a stay at home wife.

She went to two job interviews this morning in hopes that one would hire her on the spot, but neither did and all she could do now was pray for a call back within a few days. Along with those two jobs, she'd applied to countless other positions on Indeed and company websites, but to no avail..

A few years ago, it was easier than pouring water out of a boot when the instructions were on the heel to get hired anywhere regardless of your qualifications or experience level. She assumed the large gap in her resume is what was making this a difficult process, or it could be that she was just impatient.

Whichever the case may be, she just hoped she could get put on somewhere soon enough. She had a little over three thousand dollars to her name—cash that she managed to withdraw before Tyler was able to cut her card off—but that wouldn't hold her over for long.

Anyway, she'd just finished cooking dinner for tonight—something that had become a little routine over the last couple of days—cleaned the apartment from top to bottom, and did both Samir's and Samara's laundry that were in baskets in the small washroom.

She knew it was time for her to sit down somewhere when she got the urge to rearrange the living room. She didn't want Samir or Samara to feel like she was trying to make their space hers. That's why she needed her own place. Some of the things that worked for them didn't do the same for her, and that was no one's fault.

That was the reason she had high hopes for getting one of those jobs from this morning. Three thousands dollars would only be enough for the first and last month's security deposit of an apartment. She needed plenty more.

Nina was in the middle of folding Samir's clothes the exact way that he liked when the front door opened and closed, and within seconds he was walking into the bedroom with his work duffel bag in tote.

"Wassup mama?" He lowered his head to kiss her lips after she walked into his arms for a hug, and Nina rubbed his back underneath his sweatshirt while returning the kiss.

"I said wassup?" His voice tiredly rasped in the middle of the kiss, and she pulled away with a smile on her face.

"Hi baby. I missed you so much." She smiled up at him before trailing her eyes over the way the gray sweatsuit fit his toned body. Everything about him was just perfect.