04 | Picture Perfect

As Nina carefully lined her lips with matte brown liquid lipstick, she pondered to herself on whether or not she wanted to go to Starbucks

As Nina carefully lined her lips with matte brown liquid lipstick, she pondered to herself on whether or not she wanted to go to Starbucks. She planned to just rest inside today to recharge after last night's outing, but she desperately needed some coffee or tea or something. The migraine that she had was out of this world.

She was sure that the overwhelming headache was the aftermath of the fact that she may or may not have gotten a little too drunk last night. She hadn't had that much fun in such a long time though, she didn't regret it at all. Zyriah and even some new friends Nina made definitely made sure she had a ball.

The ball was having her this morning though.

Now back at home—or what would be her temporary home for the next two months—she'd just showered and was now doing a simple makeup look because she hated leaving the house with a bare face. To accompany her individual lash extensions, she filled in her brows and finished up her lip combo.

She didn't bother retouching up her previous pin curls since she would only be going to Starbucks and to Walmart, and the loose wavy look was actually kind of cute.

Luckily, both Starbucks and Walmart were right up the street, so it didn't take too long to get there. There was a T-Mobile nearby as well, and she had half a mind to stop there and change her number because Tyler had been blowing her phone up since she left from numbers she didn't even recognize.

Anyway, for it to be a Saturday morning, the drive thru line at Starbucks was unusually long. It was currently just a few minutes past 11, which was typically around the time where the morning rush died down, so it was surprising to see that the line still reached the street.

She assumed that everyone decided to go through the drive thru today because of the rain. She wasn't afraid of a little water though, so as soon as the opportunity presented itself, she swerved out of the line and into a parking spot.

Pulling on her hood, she got out of the car and did a light jog to the double doors of the entrance. The bells jingled above her as she strolled in, and she was relieved to see that there was barely a line inside.

"Hey I'm so sorry, I hope this isn't weird," A girl approached her with slight urgency just as she finished ordering, causing her eyebrows to come together in a concerned frown.

"My little brother has this thing where he draws faces that he likes, like, not to be weird or anything he's just—like, not all there like the typical person, if you know what I mean? Sorry this shit is coming out worse than I thought," She paused again to start over, while Nina's frown remained.

"I'm not sure if you have somewhere to be or not, but I'll literally pay you if you could just stay for a few minutes until he finishes the drawing 'cause he wants to give it to you but he's super shy. I promise this not no weird first 48 shit, he just rarely gets the courage to actually approach people, so I try to help where I can, you know? He doesn't even know that I came over here."