12 | KO

Samir leaned over to grab the white plastic bag from in front of his door; the Chili's he'd just had delivered by Uber Eats

Samir leaned over to grab the white plastic bag from in front of his door; the Chili's he'd just had delivered by Uber Eats. He didn't like their food but it was the only thing Nina wanted to eat, so he ordered it for her to put something on her stomach because she hadn't eaten since he picked her up yesterday afternoon, and it was now noon the next day.

He carried the bag and the drink back to his bedroom, using his elbow to close the door behind him.

Nina sat against the headboard of his bed in only his t-shirt and her underclothes, and the shirt didn't cover anything below her waist since she and Samir were just about the same size in the torso area. She only wore it because she loved the way his clothes smelled.

"I'm sorry for making you call out today." She mumbled; the very first thing she'd said since being picked up. He'd been worried sick because Nina was never the one to be quiet; especially for this long.

He wouldn't face any consequences for calling out today or yesterday because his manager knew that Samir was his best employee—as far as work ethic and attendance as well. He'd never missed a day since starting three years ago, so his manager figured there was a good excuse for his absence.

"That's okay. I would do anything for you. That's nothing." He signed to her before gently grabbing her face to tilt it in his direction.

"Do you want to talk now? We don't have to if you don't, but I'm here for you if you do." He continued to sign.

"I feel so comfortable with you. You know that?" She mumbled, leaning forward to kiss his strong jawline on the left side, and he kissed her cheek at the same time.

"How can I help fix it Tinkerbell? I want you to smile." He mumbled back, and Nina wrapped her arms around his neck in a hug.

"I hate telling you stuff about him now 'cause I know I won't leave. There's no point in even complaining about it.." She told him once she pulled away.

"I'm not here to judge you, Nina. I'm here to be here, for you. In whatever way you need me to be." He signed again, and a very small smile placed upon her lips while she lost his gaze at the same time.

"Take your time. It's okay." He rubbed her hand when he noticed that she was getting choked up, listening to her sigh quietly in response.

"I was 'bout to be on my way to you yesterday, and Tyler came back to the house to get his wallet.. I—I didn't have my pants on yet 'cause I was tryna get the tag off and he tried to take my panties off but I kinda pushed him away and told him I needed to go get my hair done." She began to explain.

"And he just kept saying he would make it quick. I didn't want to do anything at all though Mir—I didn't. I tried to tell him but h—," She paused to sigh, wiping away her tears that started to fall in her mouth.

"It hurt so bad 'cause I wasn't wet enough to take him. And I was crying.. but it didn't make him stop—,"

"He raped you?" Samir spoke up instead of signing with his hands as a mug replaced his expression.