15 | OTW

"Hi, honey! Look at you, healing so well

"Hi, honey! Look at you, healing so well." Tyler's mother, Veronica, gently grabbed his face to kiss his cheek before walking into the house with her husband at her side.

"It's nice to see you son. You missed church Wednesday, we were looking forward to hearing you." David's deep voice filled the space of the living room as they walked in together.

"Yeah..I couldn't be seen with my face like that. I didn't want anybody asking questions." He locked the door behind them, mentally wondering why they were here.

It was a few minutes before eight in the evening and he'd just gotten home from work. He was not in the mood to socialize with his parents right now.

"Have the police caught him yet? Or figured out who he is?" Veronica asked.

Truthfully, Tyler never went to the police. He didn't know the man's name and though he knew what building and floor he lived on, Tyler didn't know which door out of the twenty-eight on that floor was his. It would just be an endless manhunt that the police would probably never participate in.

He'd only told his family that to get them off of his back about it. Honestly, he wish they'd never found out. The only reason they knew was because his little brother, Jace, told them about it. He shouldn't have called Jace either.

The whole situation was overwhelmingly embarrassing to him. He'd even signed up to take weekly boxing classes because he refused for that to happen a second time. He'd never been in a physical altercation besides with his brothers when they were younger and that was unfortunately very obvious.

As his mother had said though, thankfully, he healed well. The bruises on his face had lightened and the skin around his eyes were back to their normal color, but the sclera—the white part—of his eyes still had bloodshot streaks in them. But, his ego was still undoubtedly bruised.

"No.. they're looking. What are y'all doing here though? Did I forget about something?" Tyler asked. He normally didn't mind them popping up unannounced but this just hadn't been a good week for him.

Living in the same house as his wife that currently wasn't acting like his wife and not being able to do anything about it was literally a living hell. The eight circle of it, actually. He would've never imagined them being like this.

Nina hadn't cooked, washed his laundry, ironed his clothes, spoken to, kissed, slept in the same bed or even looked at Tyler in the last six days. These were the longest and most difficult six days of his life; it felt like an eternity.

Apparently, since he wouldn't file for divorce with her, she would just pretend like they weren't married. It would've worked better if she had the funds to get herself an apartment, but she was currently job searching to get that process started.

When she first told him about it, he didn't take her seriously. He thought she would ignore him for a day or two but would act normal besides that, but boy was he wrong. He had no idea how far she would take it and he didn't even notice all of the simple things that she did for him until now.