Chapter 1

A harsh scream pierced into my head, annoyed I concentrated searching for a strange mind, then I crushed it. I just stared at the peeled ceiling relieved the stupid creature was gone. And it's annoying screech. I didn't bother to go and see what I did. I knew what I could do. At least I thought I did. I felt the apartment shake as a door was slammed.

"I'm back!" My sister's voice drifted through the rooms somehow. I didn't respond. Footsteps made their way to my room. My 19 year old sister came into my room. Her long brown hair draped over one shoulder, and she had a presence that was regal. Almost as if she was a goddess.

"You need to get up and do something for once," Bellona said.

"I did," I responded. Still looking up at ceiling. "just check your room,"

"What!?" She jogged to her room. "Juno!"

I smirked. Bellona came back into my room, her eyes welled with tears.

"How dare you?" She just stood looking at me for a second. "You can't just turn animals into dust, any time you want." She stood there longer. Probably waiting for me to apologize. But I wasn't sorry I turned her pet lizard to dust. It screamed at inappropriate times, and had something against me. The thing was practically begging for me to incinerate it.

"We need to talk about this, Juno,"

"No we don't."

"Oh, that's right. Just talk to yourself about this," Bellona said sardonically.

"I'm not crazy,"

"I'm not going to spare your feelings on this one," Bellona muttered. "You are crazy, Juno. You've been doing nothing but staring at the ceiling for days,"

I stayed silent. I couldn't tell her the real reason I wouldn't get up off my bed or show my back. I'd have to wait until the knife wound on my back was healed. If she saw it, she would first: ask where I got it. But I didn't want to tell her about them. Then: she would want to get me to a hospital which was way to public. And 'they' might find me.

Bellona walked closer to me, her knee height black high heel boots clicking on the concrete floor. I couldn't let her get any closer. I snapped my fingers, and a loud bang of something hitting the floor reverberated through the whole apartment.

"What was that?" Bellona said stepping cautiously out of my room. I took that moment to swipe my hand and shut my door. Then snapped my fingers again and a clicked signified the door locking. A fist pounded against my door.

"Juno! Open your door!" Bellona shouted through the door.

"No!" I shouted back.

"If you don't open this door..."

Before she finished her sentence, I popped a pill in my mouth and drifted into nothingness.

My eyes fluttered open. Sunlight streamed through the only window in my room. And sun peaked out from under my door. I slowly sat up. A small pile of glass sat on a shelf. I must have been having nightmares that night, and shattered the glass figurine of a black cat.

I got off my bed then put on my black leather jacket. I unlocked my door than walked to the apartments only minimalistic bathroom, and quickly put on some dark black mascara, and dark eye shadow. I walked to the kitchen and rummaged through the cupboards looking for a granola bar. Just as I found one; and began to rip into it, I noticed a small square white box on the round dining table. I strolled to the table and took a look at the present. A piece of paper lay on top. I picked it up and it read

"Juno, happy birthday. I saw this and though you might like it.

-Bellona"

I gingerly picked up the box, taking off the bow and white lid. A black, silver studded bracelet lay in the box. I picked it up. It looked like the same design as my belt. I snapped it on. It fit snugly around my wrist. Though as I put it on, I immediately wanted to take off. Though I didn't know why. I tried to pull it off, but it wouldn't budge. On the millionth time trying to take it off, I gave up on prying; and decided to use magic. So I grabbed my wrist with the bracelet, and pushed as much magic as I could, out of me.

Tell me what you think in the comments and don't forget to vote if you liked it!