Chapter 13

Selena wakes up with the sun shining in the window.  She hears giggling from downstairs. She walks into the kitchen and watches Murdock feeding the kids pancakes.  That's hot.  Kyle says "thanks daddy" lacie repeats his words.  Murdock just grins at the kids " you are welcome, my little buddies" he turns away with a tear. He has never felt so much love. Selenas heart melts and she makes herself known. Murdock smiles at her and places a kiss on her lips when she comes beside him. He hands her a plate of pancakes.
" hey lena,  how was your sleep? "
"best I have ever had"
Murdock has to leave for his run. He kisses them all before he goes. " bye dad, come home soon" Kyle yells as Murdock walks away
"bye dadda" Lacie mimics. Little parrot. Murdock comes back and hugs both kids.
"I love you guys too" kisses Selena again and leaves.

A week turned into 4. They had a routine and have decorated both kids rooms. Myles brought Selenas furniture up to the house a week ago with instructions from Mur to add any of her stuff to his house, the rest can go in the barn. She changed out dinner tables and added a China cabinet. That's it. She misses Murdock and knows she loves him. Murdock calls every 3 days but he's missing them all, and his dogs. They chased a creepy guy off the property a week ago. Thank goodness nothing happened. He's getting a gate installed  at the end of his road when he gets home. He has an uneasy feeling.