[ f o u r t e e n ]

f o u r t e e n
t h e  l i n k

AMELIA AND THE REST WATCHED AS LYDIA PREPARED THE MIX FOR THE MOLOTOV COCKTAIL, WHATEVER THAT THING WAS

The girl walked away from the group for a bit, trying to find a way to cover the big windows that the chemistry lab had. She could pile up desks or the chairs.

Her mission was to keep Allison safe, and she wasn't going to fail again.

"No. No, this is insane, you can't do this," insisted Allison, gaining Amelia's attention. "You cannot go out there."

"We can't just sit here waiting for Stiles's dad to check his messages," argued Scott.

"You could die," said Allison to him. "Don't you get that? He's killed three people."

Amelia approached them. Her mission was to protect Allison, she didn't know how she would do that with her being so stubborn. She wasn't going to let Scott go out.

"And we're next," said Scott. "Somebody has to do something."

"Scott, just stop," insisted the girl as she followed him. "Do you remember... Do you remember when you told me you knew whether or not I was lying? That I had a tell?"

Amelia looked over to Stiles before looking at the couple again.

"So do you," the girl said. "You're a horrible liar, and you've been lying all night." Amelia closed her eyes. This was painful to watch. "Just... Just please don't go."

The setting turned blue for a second. Amelia could sense Scott's sadness, but she also knew she had to follow his instructions. For some reason, she was now loyal to him, and even though she didn't agree with what he ordered, she had to follow.

He slowly kissed the girl for a few seconds before breaking apart, walking towards the door.

"Amelia..." he said as he stepped outside. "You know what to do."

When Scott stepped outside, the girl proceeded to lock the door with the chair before taking out her phone, placing it on top of the desk.

It was a countdown of fifteen minutes.

"What's that for?" Asked Allison, but the girl didn't reply. "Amelia..."

"Ames..." called her Stiles. "What did Scott tell you to do?"

"He said..." she whispered. "That if he doesn't come back in fifteen minutes, I need to get Allison and the rest of you out of the building... and leave him behind."