[ e i g h t e e n ]

e i g h t e e n
s e e k e r

        THE GIRL STARTED TO DIAL ON HER PHONE AS SHE ENTERED HER CAR, TOSSING ASIDE HER BAG TO THE CO-PILOT'S SEAT AND CLOSING THE DOOR BEHIND HER

"Hey Derek, it's Amelia..."

"Hey, Amelia," said Derek Hale on the other side of the line as she started her car. "What is it?"

"I kinda wanted to talk to you about the link/bond/sire whatever thing that connects me and Scott. There's this strange ability that I unlocked the day of the full moon and I kinda haven't talked to Scott about it. I mean, you said I could trust you and I want to ask you one of those favors you owe me back. Just to help me clarify some things."

"A new ability?" He asked and she murmured a yes. "What kind?"

"It's better if I show you. Where you at?"

"Meet me at Stiles..."

"At Stiles?" She repeated in disbelief. "Why are you at—" But the guy hung up the phone before he replied. The girl stared at her phone for a few seconds before tossing it to the seat next to her, driving towards Stiles house. "God, he's so dramatic."

• • •

The girl parked in front of Stiles house at the same time he did. She saw as he got out of his jeep confused, walking towards with his arms raised.

"What are you doing here?" He asked her. "Our date is after the game."

"Why? You don't want me here?" The guy raised his eyebrows before opening his eyes widely, shaking his head.

"No, it's not that, it's just that I wasn't expecting you here, that's all."

"Derek told me to meet him here," she clarified as they both entered the house, walking upstairs towards Stiles's room.

"Why are meeting up with Derek? And why in my house?"

"I don't think I owe you explanations." The guy looked at her. "I'm kidding. I wanted to talk to him about this new ability I discovered."

"The one you texted me about? The day of the full moon?" The girl nodded as she opened the door to Stiles room, the smell of werewolf impacting her nose.

She nodded her head towards Derek as a greeting and he did the same in return. That was the funny thing of her powers: werewolves standing in a dark corner with a serial killer aura didn't scare her, while being interrupted by her defenseless lab partner in the middle of the hall made her jump.

Stiles proceeded to sit on his chair, without even noticing Derek's presence, the girl placed her bag on the floor, waiting for the guy to jump.

"Hey, Stiles!" Yelled his dad from downstairs.