[ t h i r t y n i n e ]

t h i r t y  n i n e
c h e m i s t r y ' 0 6

THE SHERIFF TOOK A BITE OF HIS BURGER, BEFORE REGRETTING IT IMMEDIATELY

They were in the Sheriff's office. The girl had a break from work and Stiles decided to spend it with her... and his dad... in his office, which wasn't as romantic as Stiles made it sound when he texted her that he will spend her break with her.

The look on the Sheriff's face made Amelia seriously doubt on eating the burger Stiles brought her.

"Oh, what the hell is this?" His dad asked Stiles, looking down to his food angrily while his son gave Amelia her Diet Coke before proceeding to take food for himself.

Stiles looked at his dad, like he didn't understand the question, later remembering what kind of burger he bought him.

"Veggie burger," Stiles said and Amelia squeezed her nose before looking down at hers, before taking a bite off of it.

Hers was normal meat, and she appreciated that since she was not gonna eat a veggie burger, even if her cousin forced her with a knife against her throat.

"Stiles, I asked for a hamburger!" Complained his dad as Stiles gave him the soda before giving Amelia the ketchup.

As she put it on her burger, it reminded her of that time Derek bought her a burger and forgot to bring ketchup.

How can someone forget the ketchup?

Stiles never forgets the ketchup. Never.

"Well, veggie is healthier. We're being healthy," argued Stiles as he took a veggie burger for himself too.

The Sheriff looked at his son's girlfriend as she licked the ketchup off her fingers like if it was the food of the Gods. He frowned before looking to Stiles.

"How come she gets an actual hamburger?"

"Have you tried criticizing a woman's eating habits?" Snapped Stiles abruptly, and Amelia could sense son PTSD going on there.

Yeah, Stiles had played the veggie burger trick on her before, and it only took her two seconds to remind the guy that she was a trained hunter, capable of killing if something stands in her way.

Nothing stands in her way of her and burgers.

The Sheriff opened the box where the fries were supposed to be, only finding carrots and celery.

"Oh, hell, why are you trying to ruin my life?" Complained the Sheriff before looking up to his son.

"I'm trying to extend your life, okay?" Corrected Stiles before taking a sip from Amelia's soda, making her hit him. "Sorry, sorry..."

She had one rule in the relationship.

Don't. Touch. Her. Food.

"Could you just eat it, please?" Stiles pointed towards the celery and carrots. "And tell me what you found."