𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

songs for the chapter !ghost town — kanye westwhite ferrari — frank ocean

ghost town — kanye west
white ferrari — frank ocean

    STAN AND SYD were currently watching back the footage from the library. syd was stressing about her stalker, but stan was playing with the rubik's cube and missing ally. even though they had only parted a few hours earlier.

"there! there! freeze it there!" syd said, pausing the video, stan didn't see anything. "yeah, you see? what is that?"

"um.."

"well, can you zoom in? enhance?" sydney asked, driving stan into a state of annoyance.

"enhance? what kind of fuckin' operation do you think i'm running here?" stanley mumbled before leaning in closer to the laptop. "that just looks like your shadow."

    he resumed the video, continuing to play with the cube, which syd was about to break in half. the video played the portion where syd knocked over all the bookcases in the library.

"that's so cool." stan said under his breath, wishing ally was here to watch it with him.

"that's so not cool." syd retaliated. "it is massively screwed up. can you stop doing that?" she yelled at stan to get him to stop twisting the cube.

"sorry. i so wish ally was here." he sighed, but thankfully, syd didn't care.

"jesus fucking christ." she leaned her head against her hands that were propped in front of her face.

"uh, do you want to look at it again, or—"

"we've watched it, like, a million times." sydney interrupted, making stan nod with a closed-lip smile.

"okay, and we're just missing this fucker. i- i know it. i mean, he's in there." stan tried to console the girl.

"but what if he isn't?" she exclaimed. "then i'm just completely insane, huh?"

"okay, syd, if you honestly believe that someone was there, and they straight up fuckin' disappeared, then... i believe it, too." stan told her, fighting the urge to say something about ally.

"but then, what if it is true? you know, that means someone's been watching me. uh, you know, and that means... that, uh, you know, maybe..." she trailed off, waiting for stan to get the hint.

"someone else knows."

————

    IT WAS LUNCHTIME the next day at school and ally was sitting with syd, waiting for stan to join them. ally perked up a bit when she saw stan start walking towards them.