𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

songs for the chapter !play this when i'm gone — machine gun kellymaneater — nelly furtado

play this when i'm gone — machine gun kelly
maneater — nelly furtado

    SYDNEY WAS IN a good mood today. a weirdly good mood. ally could feel the happiness radiating off of her as soon as she walked through the school doors. so, ally decided that it was gonna be a good day.

   it was PE and the coach were making the girls sprint. ally swore she was about to throw up, so the coach let her sit out the last 10 minutes of class. she saw dina and syd start to walk over to her and she smiled.

"hey girls." ally greeted, shielding the sun from her eyes.

"hey, al." dina sighed, sitting down beside syd with ally on her left. "look, syd. about the whole library situation..."

"i shouldn't have asked you to help me steal anything, dina. it was stupid. truth is, and i know this is gonna sound crazy, but i sort of had this, like... hallucination." sydney stated, ally frowned.

"shit."

"i was... just freaked out." she laughed quietly.

"i mean this is exactly the kind of crazy shit you should be telling me, syd. that's what i'm here for. i don't get it, i used to know everything about you. i even knew what you had for lunch." dina said, making the two other girls laugh a bit. "now it's just, like, nothing."

"well, i guess i should tell you... today i had an apple and some peanut butter and chocolate milk and, like, three cartons of nerds." ally and dina laughed at syd, before a boy walked up to the girls, eyeing ally before speaking to dina.

"uh, dina..."

"uh, yeah." she squinted her eyes from the sun.

"i was thinking, since you and brad are, like, whatever, and the big dance is tonight, maybe we could—" the boy tried before dina cut him off.

"oh, i've decided to kind of just lay low this year." dina shrugged, looking at the boy apologetically.

"cool. no worries. see ya later, ally." the boy winked before turning and running off.

"i don't even know him." ally mumbled with a confused expression on her face.

"that's, like, the third person that's asked me today." dina sighed. "i mean, i'm flattered, but, oh my god, i am so over guys right now."

"yeah, me too." syd agreed, making ally look off awkwardly.

i'm not over guys.. or at least one guy, she thought to herself.