Divas Las Vegas

Miss Abby has not been Miss, she has only been Abby for a while, because she has been with her Mother, also the Hylands snuck back in because Abby hasn't been here, and now we are in Vegas. Kenzie didn't come because she has a competition back at Pittsburgh, and we are at the hotel room, Maddie, Mommy and I. She just received a call and went outside to answer it, I wonder what it is.

"Is she over yet?" Maddie asks as she sit down on the bed with her phone in hand.

"No." I simply answer, my eyes not leaving my phone.

Right after that, she comes back inside with one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen.

"What was that about?" Maddie asks.

"Melanie has her first official job on a movie." Mommy says and we gasp.

"About what?" I ask excitedly.

"It's a Disney movie, it's called Frozen and they want you to give the voice to the younger version of a character named Anna."

"No way!" Maddie smiles, "When will she start?"

~~~

I was on the recording booth, I had met everyone and I just wanted to work.

"Elsa! Psst! Elsa! Wake up, wake up, wake up!"

First up, dramatic voice.

"I just can't. The sky's awake, so I'm awake, so we have to play!"

Next up, mischievous voice.

 "Do you wanna build a snowman?"

After that I had to do the last thing young Anna says, sing 'Do You Want To Build A Snowman.'

"And the music is on." One of the crew members tells me from outside.

I exhale and look at the paper with the lyrics.

Elsa?

Do you wanna build a snowman?
C'mon let's go and play!
I never see you anymore, come out the door, it's like you've gone away
We used to be best buddies and now we're not, I wish you would tell me why
Do you wanna build a snowman? It doesn't have to be a snowman
Okay, bye

Do you wanna build a snowman? Or ride our bikes around the halls?
I think some company is overdue, I started talking to, the pictures on the walls — Hang in there, Jones!
It gets a little lonely, all these empty rooms, just watching the hours tick by.

"That's a wrap!"

I high five everyone there and I go take a break. Why did this suddenly feel so cool? Is this what I really want to do?

~~~

Nationals are just two weeks away, we've won 2 years on a row and I want a third one, but that isn't only up to me, it's up to the girls, the moms, the teachers, and the producers. This season has probably been the worse, from the moms wanting a raise and Abby replacing all of the team, to the Chloe/Maddie war the whole time. I have no idea of how season 4 will be like, if we even will have one, maybe people are just getting tired of the same thing every week?

Today, it was competition day, I was the only one that didn't do anything, other than Kenzie, but she's back home.

I was drinking my apple juice while Mommy and Maddie packed everything they needed, Maddie was starting to get nervous, and I can't blame her, she's just 10 years old and she has a lot of pressure, the same as the other girls, including me.

"Melanie, do you have the curling iron?" Mommy asks.

"No." I answer as I finish my juice box, "Why would I?"

"Mom, we don't need curls today." Maddie says.

I throw the juice box away and stand in the doorway.

"Okay, come on now." Mommy says and we all leave.

We hurried to get to the competition in time and go to the dressing room, where everyone except Miss Abby were. 

Christi: Feels like the luckiest person alive rn.

Kelly: Is happy that Abby isn't here because it's better for Paige.

Jill: Asking where Abby is.

Mommy: Explaining to everyone where Abby is.

Holly: Preparing Nia for the competition.

Kristie: Not caring at all

While all of that happened I was eating a strawberry pop tart.

"Oh, she's here!" Jill says and I look up to see Miss Abby entering the dressing room.

All of the girls that have solos come out and show their costumes, them being Asia, Kendall, Paige and Brooke, my personal favorite costume has to be Kendall's, Paige is a close second. We all leave to the audience and I continue eating.

And you don't see what ya pretend to be, won't you get closer to me

Deep in regret, I said things to you I wish I could forget, just give me one more try

I always had a dream but I never knew how I could find it until now. I was locked up in fear and doubt, now is my time

"Now is act number 75. This is a teen contemporary solo. This is Paige performing 'The One'." The announcer says and Paige goes on stage.

I never thought I'd find a love quite as pure as this, you make me feel just like a child with your tenderness.

Paige suddenly starts forgetting some parts but tries to cover it up.

I never knew all this time it was you. Now I can see you're my true love, one love. Cause you are right by my side 

She walks off, again, but this time is because of Miss Abby, she's terrified of what she'll say.  

After that all the Moms and I have to go to the dressing room and I have to hear everything again. Luckily, I brought my headphones that, wait a minute, I let Kenzie borrow last week.

"Abby, are my girls in the group dance?" Kelly asks and I try to cover my ears.

"You brought in choreographers. Kelly, this is not about your children. This is about you. You need to play by my rules." Miss Abby answers and all the moms look at her 

"I asked for choreography that was what my kids can do. I wanted them to be challenged."

"Oh well, you know what? Right. I said I did not want Ricky. I am the best thing for Paige!"

"Okay, okay. But guess what?"

"Cause you know what? She had  gorgeous costume. She was doing a cancan, and Paige would have done it. She would have went out on that stage, and she would have looked gorgeous."

"I know that, but, yeah, guess what? My daughter was a wreck all freaking week, and now my kid is having attacks because she is afraid of you and afraid of what are you going to do to her, and you're allowing this with the relationship that you had with my kids and me. It breaks my heart, it is horrible."

"Kelly, you have driven the wedge between your children and myself."

"No, Abby. The things you say to them have driven the wedge."

"I'm scared . . ." I whisper to Mommy and she looks at me.

"Let's go outside, okay?" She asks and we both leave the room.

The worst part of everything was that it was my birthday, July 20, why did it have to end like this?