Now You See Abby, Now You Don't

"Kalani told me." I admit, "It was an accident, but I became curious, so I kept on asking--"

"Please, just don't tell anyone." Mom tells me, "Not even Kenzie."

"Kenzie?" I look at her confused, "What about Maddie?"

"She knows."

"Why can't Mackenzie know?" I ask.

"I know that she should know, but what if it slips during rehearsals?" Mom asks me and I shrug, "She can't know for now."

I go to my room and close the door. 

It sounds weird, I thought that we would always stay on the team, so it's kind of unreal to think that we could be leaving soon.

~~~

First pyramid with Maddie. Fingers crossed, it would be a good one, but fingers not crossed, Abby's crazy. I actually spoke way to soon, Abby's throwing a temper tantrum in her office today. So Gia is helping us warm up. I was unusually quiet, I mean, what if it slipped what Kalani and Mom told me? I would be in so much trouble, so I'd rather not talk, even if it looks weird and suspicious. I'm an actress, so I can make it look like if nothing's wrong, right?

Next thing was that Maddie booked a photoshoot for Seventeen magazine, and they were looking for two more dancers to appear with her. The ones chosen were Nia and Kendall. Those three definitely work well together, and now I wanna see the results, but the magazine doesn't come out until February.

Ugh.

Maddie

Mackenzie   JoJo   Melanie   Kalani

Kendall   Nia   Brynn

"Our competition this week is in Santa Monica, California." Abby announces, "The group routine, the name is 'The Elite'." Abby looks over to the minis, "This week, the minis will be competing. The name of your group routine is 'The Spotlight is On Me'. Now, I have an announcement."

All of us girls look at each other. This doesn't sound nice.

"Melanie." Everyone looks at me, "These past couple of weeks I've been talking about how young you look compared with the other girls." So? "So you'll be in the mini team."

Why?

"Why would she?" Mom asks, "She's been dancing with this team for years."

"You can't just take her out." Holly adds.

"I can and I did." Abby smiles, "It's not forever, maybe. You'll be in their group and you'll have a tap solo. It's entitled 'Better When I'm Dancing', and I want you to wear Maddie's old season one costume."

I look down to the floor with a confused expression. Why do I have to be on another group now? Also, what's up with Abby now treating me like a mini? First taking me out of the JECT and putting me on the mini team, and now wanting me to wear the costume from one of Maddie's costume from when she was a mini herself. She literally competes in teen now.

Maddie and Brynn also have solos this week. This is gonna be awkward.

Two Days To Competition

My solo was good, energetic, entertaining, but is it too late to say that I kind of miss doing contemporary? Trying new things, I guess.

"Isn't it weird that Kendall, Maddie and Nia aren't here?" Kenzie asks as the five of us play on the silks in the trampoline room.