Chapter 3

Noah's POV:

"In a week."

It was the 16th October and it was a week before his birthday. I nodded my head and turned on my heel and headed out, closed the metal-bar door and locked it. I strode to the metal door, as the door opened it made a high-pitched grinding noise that echoed down the hallway. As I exited the dungeon and left for the pack house I mind linked Katie to come to the pack house to talk.

As I arrived, Katie was already there surprisingly. "Hello alpha, what did u need?" Katie inquired.

"Do you remember that boy we dragged into the dungeon?"

"of course,"

"well, he's 18 in a week"

"you kidding me, right?" the look on Katie's face was fully of worry and shock

"why what's wrong Katie?"

"Don't you remember?"

"Remember what?"

"Oh, my Fucking God, it's the age when you find your mate!" my face paled when I heard 'mate' I was whiter than a sheep's wool.

"I completely forgot about that..."

"What do u wanna do?"

"Talk to him"

"What?"

"You heard me Katie"

"...Yes alpha" Katie bowed her head and headed off towards the dungeons.

~~~

Theo's POV:

I hate it. I hate being in here. Being surrounded by metal bars and cobble walls. I was sitting down on the stone flooring again. I might as well go to sleep I thought to myself but as soon as I try to doze off, the sound of the metal grinding invaded my ears making my eyes open wide. I quickly jumped up from the floor, looked through the bars to see if it was Mr Alpha.

Its not the Alpha Silver informed me,

Who is it then? Before Silver could respond a young woman was standing in front of my cell. Out of weariness, I took a step back. I don't trust this woman or anyone here, especially if they are going to lock me up in this cell.

"Hello I'm Katie" She stated with a smile.

"I suppose you know my name already?" I asked with a frown

"No, I do not, your name hasn't been spoken of to me" I studied her face for a second looking at her dark green eyes and her sweet, innocent smile... she seemed nice. "Hello?" I shook my head getting out of my daydream by the sound of her soft voice. "Are you going to tell me your name?" She commented.

"Theo"

"Theo" she mimicked, "Cute name" she smiled at me.

"So... why you hear Katie"

"Oh yes, I have been told that you are 18 in a weeks' time, is this correct?" I don't like the sound of this already. Why would she be questioning about my age?

"Yes... why is that important?" It was a while before Katie started speaking again

"Have you ever heard of what a mate is?" A mate? What is she talking about? After a while of thinking of every question, I shook my head.

"well... a mate is someone that you will spend the rest of your life with, you will be able to find your mate when you are 18, which is why I am telling you now-"

"Wait, wait, wait... slow down, you're telling me that I will be stuck with someone for the rest of my life?!" I exploded into a fit of laughter "Not gonna happen" I said between periods of laughter.

"why not?"

"I'd rather be alone than be trapped with someone for the rest of my life" There was a long awkward silence surrounding and engulfing us, it was deafening.

"I'm only here to tell you what will be happening on your 18th birthday and there is no way of running away from it." Frowning, she turned on her heel and strode off.