Chapter 9

Theo's POV:

The gruelling day has arrived... my birthday. The day I finally find my mate (insert eye roll) of course I didn't realise at first. OMG OMG OMG it's the day! Finally! Silver shouted. Silver are you trying to make me deaf! I scolded Silver, why are you so excited? I asked, are you serious... you really don't remember... Silver said, I shook my head, WE'RE GONNA FIND OUR MATE DUMBASS!! He squealed, of course he's gonna be happy about that, I took a deep sigh and collapsed onto my bed. Theo get up please... I wanna know who our soulmate will be Silver pleaded.

Ugh fine! I groaned and got up and got changed into some black skinny jeans, a grey top and a grey jacket. Guess my outfit fits my mood today. I took a long stretch and decided to face the inevitable... I headed downstairs towards the open kitchen and decided to stuff my face, because why not. Suddenly, a pair of arms wrap around my small frame, I tensed up until I heard this high-pitched voice "Happy Birthday Theo!" I looked over my shoulder to see Katie's beautiful face, grinning from ear to ear like a Cheshire cat. "Thanks" I mumbled; her face dropped in an instant. "ok spill, what's bugging you?" You could see the seriousness on her face, seriously this girl has a good resting bitch face... and I love it! "N-nothing Katie, nothing for you to worry about" I sent her a fake smile, "Bullshit Theo, tell me, please" I let out a sigh... nothing can get past this girl that's for sure "It's just... I've spent years on the run... I've on my own except Silver of course... but I've never really celebrated my recent birthdays" there was a long deafening silence between us she finally broke the silence, "but... you won't be alone anymore, you will have me, Noah, Axel... and your mate-"

I cut her off and snapped "That's the thing Katie, I don't wanna meet my mate coz I'll be stuck with them for the rest of my fucking life! I. Don't. Need. Them!" I stormed off before she could say a word, my blood was boiling so I did what I do best... I ran and ran and ran... my lungs felt like they were on fire but I didn't care in the slightest. I stopped by a tree on the packs boundaries and I broke down into tears... one by one the tears came down soon turning into a waterfall of tears. Pull yourself together Theo, your mate could be the person that you need the most right now, you may not like it but they will protect you with their life Silver explained,

Exactly Silver... their life! I don't want them to find me so that can never happen

I get that Theo, I do... you wanna protect people from the psychopath but don't you think it's time people protect you?

What do you mean Silver?

All your life Theo you have been running and every pack you have passed you didn't stop, you were protecting those packs from his wrath but now... you part of a pack now, so let them protect you

You really think that's a good idea?

I know it is Theo, now dry your eyes and head back to the pack house, you have a birthday to celebrate, FUCKING FINALLY! I giggled at how enthusiastic my wolf is, I shifted into my wolf and ran back towards the pack house, lets enjoy this day as best as I can.

<As soon as Theo ran out the door>

Noah's POV:

I was awakened from my slumber from a loud bang from downstairs, my mind was racing with all kind of thoughts, I practically jumped out of bed a shot downstairs almost falling down the stairs but of course I gracefully kept my balance. As soon as I reached the main area of the house, I saw Katie sitting there completely frozen like she just saw a ghost, I walked up to her and placed my hand on her shoulder, she flinched away tensing up, she quickly calmed down "sorry for my reaction alpha"

"It's alright Katie, what's bothering you?"

"Theo..." she let out a massive sigh, Katie is usually cheerful most of the time unless you piss her off but this was different...