4.What Should I Do

I gathered all my bravery before I stepped into my boss' office, I was extremely nervous, the sweat ran swiftly on my face. I took a deep breath and went inside the office, once I've been inside the room, my boss turned to me and gave me a serious look. It made me became more nervous, his intimidating face made me even more scared than before. "D...did y...you...call...me?" stuttered. "Ah, yes I called you. There's one thing I should talk about with you." He said with a serious face. "What is that?" I asked him completely confused. "Take this." He gave me an envelope then I opened it, it was my salary for this month but I supposed to receive it at the end of this month but why did he give it to me today? I thought it was because tomorrow is Christmas so he wanted to give our salary faster than the schedule. "That's your salary for this month and it's your last salary in here." His last word made me confused I frowned my eyebrows and asked him "What do you mean, Mr. Kim? I didn't get it." "Actually, today is your last day to work here. Thank you so much for all your efforts you had done all this time. I really appreciate all your hard works." His last words stabbed me. I was speechless, I didn't understand why he fired me. "B...But I didn't do anything wrong, why you fired me?" I asked while holding back my tears. "You're right, you didn't do anything wrong. It's a hard decision for me to make, but we have gotten a new employee that will work full time, so I didn't have any other options than to lay you off. I'm so sorry, Y/N." he said with a sad expression. "But you had already known, I need this work to fulfill my daily needs in Seoul, if you fired me, I'm going to become unemployed and cannot support my needs. Can you reconsider your decision? Please, I need your mercy." I said while crying. "I'm sorry, Y/N but I couldn't do anything. I'm really sorry. You can leave my office now." he said while pointing the door behind me, indicating me to leave his office immediately. "Thank you, I'll take my leave now" I smiled faintly at him, with that I left his office and headed back home all limp.

[Time Skip - Home]

When I've arrived at my house I got greeted by my mom. She smiled brightly at me, I couldn't do anything other than fake smiled at her. "What happened Y/N?" she asked me concernedly. "N...nothing mom, just tired" I replied without making any eye contact with her. "You're my daughter, I knew exactly there's something happened with you. Just tell me, Y/N. I'll listen to it." She said while patting my back. "My boss fired me.... I...I...I didn't have any jobs now. how can I help you with all of our necessary? What should I do, mom?" I cried with my lungs out. "it's okay, dear. I can fund our needs by myself, you don't have to worry." She smiled at me "No mom, I want to help you with the financial." I begged my mom. "Y/N, for now just focus on your study. I had been looking at you all this time. I had always seen you all tired after you came back from work. It ached my heart seeing my one and only daughter worked really hard to support our financial economy. You've worked hard, dear. Now, it's time for you to focus on your study and rest." She comforted me. "But..." she cut me "I'm fine with that, don't worry too much. Now, go to your room and sleep. Tomorrow is Christmas but sadly I have to go to work since my boss needs me. I'm sorry I cannot accompany you, please enjoy your Christmas by yourself. You can go out with Yerim if you want." She said "it's fine, mom. I'll just stay at home and wait until you back" I smiled and went straight to my room. I laid on my bed and closed my eyes when I started to fall asleep, I remembered I have to wash Jay's hoodie but the problem was how could I return it to him if I didn't any longer work there. "Aish... what an unlucky day." I said and went to the bathroom to wash Jay's hoodie.