Chapter 9 🌲

Athena felt the need to hiss when the sharp light reached her eyes. She could see perfectly clear then just before she fainted... she could see more then perfectly clear! But that did not make sense, even if her eyes were more or less better than other humans eyes.

"Something is seriously wrong with me," Athena muttered as she looked at her skin. She had become much paler, from a natural golden skin tone to a similar beautiful golden yet healthier looking tone.

"Her skin is like ours Carlisle. I could not take the sample. The needle broke," Edward explained.

"Really?" Carlisle could barely believe what he had just heard.

"First I end up here! Then I turn into something we don't even know, because I'm for sure not a vampire since I don't crave blood!" Athena cried and buried her face into her hands. I'm acting like a child, she thought to herself. Stupid, pull yourself together! Its not their fault! Control your damn anxiety issues!

"I'm sure it's for a reason., but fate is a mysterious thing. For now Edward and I will just have to work with the sample we have and not let it waste," Carlisle said to the anxious regretful girl.

"S-sure, uh i'm sorry for being rude i know you're doing the best you can" Athena stuttered and removed the duvet from her. Noticing she was in blue pajama pants and a lighter shade of blue top. She tilted her head in wonder.

"Who changed me?" her voice had gone cold and her eyes were hard. If she hated anything more than anything, it was her privacy being invaded.

"Not any of our males, I can assure you of that," Esme said as she entered the room, concern clear in her eyes.

"Oh, alright. Next time would you allow me to do so myself? I would feel more comfortable that way" Her eyes softened and she gave them the most comforting smile she could muster.

The three vampires in her room nodded.

Athena excused herself and walked past them making her way down to the kitchen where she poured herself a glass of water. For a long time she stood staring at it before she opened a cabinet looking for salt. She poured an unhealthy amount of salt into the glass. She looked for a spoon, found it in the end, and stirred the water some around before she took a sip, not noticing seven pairs of eyes staring at her with shock.

Perfect, she thought happily as she drank it up. Then she put the glass by the sink and realization dawned on her. She stared at the glass with shock. Did I just...? I did! Why the hell did I do that!? A heavy swallow then she turned just to freeze.

Carlisle was looking worried and the others were mainly surprised, at least so she guessed.

"You do realize that is unhealthy?" Carlisle asked, just to make sure.

"I-I do not know what came over me!" Athena said and gasped. Need more water, her brain told her. "I need w-water."

"You just drank a glass with salty water," Rosalie pointed out and frowned.

Athena collapsed in front of them once again.

"Water," she hissed as she felt her skin get tight around her. She only felt it for a second until she passed out once again

🌲