Chapter 28 🌲

Sitting outside with her siblings at school later that day, Athena had a thumb war with all of them, this time with Emmett when she realized she was strong enough to keep him from crushing her fingers. They ended their last round with Athena's only victory. She turned to Edward for his turn to battle her.

"Your turn bloodsucker" Athena smiled. Edward chuckled at his new nickname.

"Oh you're on!" Their siblings watched happily as the two blind teens laughed with each other. Athena was about to defeat him when Mike interrupted them. 

"Hey um Athena! I- I wanted to ask, uh only if you wanted t-to o-ofcourse, um do, did you might want to er maybe go to prom- um with me?" Mike asked nervously. Athena turned to him, slightly pissed for the interruption. Edward stared at Mike with a deathly glare,

"Oh Mike, i'm so sorry, but I can't go with you I- i'm waiting for someone else to ask me- but thanks for the offer!" Athena said with an apologetic smile, and Mike nodded in understandment. Edward looked at Athena in surprise, he had been so sure she would have accepted his offer, he had read it in his head. If only he had that bravery. Anyway who was she waiting for to ask her? What if it was him? No it couldn't be, they had agreed on being friends. 

But what if- no.

"Why didn't you say yes to him?" Edward asked a bit to happily, looking at Mike's retreating back.

"Meh, not my type." Athena shrugged. Alice giggled and Rosalie rolled her eyes with a smile. 

"Not your type? Then what is your type?" Edward asked, wanting to know more.

You are Athena thought, knowing Edward only got glimpses of her thoughts once in a while.

"Oh I don't know. Definitely not humans though" Athena laughed. Edward smiled.

"Oh? Why?" Edward asked.

"They're like Squishy Watermelons." Athena said and Emmett burst out laughing. 

"How?" Edward laughed.

"No idea. Just get those vibes, ya know?" Athena said. 

"Anyway, ill be right back I need to go to to the ladies room. Edward I still need that re-match." Athena got up and walked into the building, Edward staring behind her with a smile.

"So..." Emmett said with a smirk.

"Shut up" Edward punched his arm playfully. 

-

After washing her hands, Athena fixed her hair in the mirror when someone came in.

"Hey" Bella greeted her. The pull got stronger and she fought the urge to yell. Bella seemed like a kind person to Athena, but the pull wouldn't allow Athena to enjoy it.