Chapter 20 🌲

@lizeth_deblas 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡, 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 😌↓

Edward's POV (when he left the conversation)

Me and Isabella Swan? The thought alone angered me, I wasn't meant for a human, I didn't even have feelings for her! 

"Well, that explains why I can't read her mind," I muttered and got up and headed upstairs to my room and shut the door. 

I could obviously still hear Athena's angelic voice continuing to tell the rest of my family about those horrid books. So who did I really have feelings for? There had never actually been someone who really caught my attention in that way. Or until Athena came, I felt a sort of bond... far from being a family like one. Athena? That would be absurd. Or would it? Could we even be together? I could already imagine her soft lips on mine, moving in sync. All those times I had been so close to leaning in but stopped myself came flowing back to me and I regretted holding back. 

I sighed and walked over to the shelf filled with CD's and played one. Rêverie by Debussy. Walking over to the black sofa near one of the big windows, I tried to calm down, or as much as it was possible for a vampire to do so. 

I couldn't help but remember the way all those boys looked at her at school earlier. I remember the feeling of wanting to punch the stuffing out of them especially Mike, I still do, though I had never really had the need to do that, but now, I suddenly did. I had Athena. I felt like she was mine to take care of, though of course she could take care of herself, but I felt protective over her, not as much as I had for anyone else. Then, another thought came to my head. Did she want me in that way? Or did she just think of my as the annoying vampire dude from Twilight? Those books seriously ruined everything, now she probably won't even give me a chance if I tried. But what if she wanted nothing with me and instead wanted the boys from school? 

Through out all the thoughts running through my head at the moment, I pondered on a specific one; the way she had also looked at me earlier. I noticed and monitored her every breath, her every move, enough to notice how she tensed up more than normal when she was around me as well and her breath hitched up. Only a few days ago I had seen her slightly lean in but snap back when we were sitting on the sofa, but that was probably just my imagination playing with my emotions.

I should probably let it go. But I can't. Every time i'm near her I tense up and if I look at her I get the sudden urge to lean in all over again. I had to make a move soon enough, how though? I do not know. But I simply have to do it. Before anyone else does.

3rd person POV

Edward found himself in Athena's room as she slept later that day. She was quiet and it barely looked like she was breathing. She looked lifeless and had it not been for her beating hearts he would not have been able to tell if she was alive or not. Her eyes were closed and her lips barely parted, showing parts of her fangs. However, he didn't lean too much over her knowing she would most likely get mad. Still, he thought about what she had told him. Twilight. He didn't like it and he was glad it was not his reality.

It wasn't easy to learn of another reality. Nevertheless, certain events had come and gone. Alice had seen three vampires heading their way, but they were only passing through and it was not yet.