Chapter 21🌲

A new day. Time for school. Again. That was what went through Athena's mind as she got dressed for this new day. Oh how much she dreaded what was to come. Bella Swan would be there, she had no doubt. With a heavy sigh she pulled her hair back in a low ponytail and pulled on a blue jacket Alice had picked for her the previous day.

The pull was getting stronger again. Two pulls wanting to split her body in half. She it to the back of her mind and ignored its call as she made her way downstairs.

"Good morning Esme" Athena gave her a warm hug. She was getting used to it by now.

"Good morning dear. Would you like some breakfast? Im making strawberry pancakes!" Esme seemed excited to finally be able to use her beautiful marble kitchen at last.

Athena sat down and ate the delicious warm pancakes, thanked Esme and rushed to the cars where the rest of the Cullens awaited her.

The drive to school was pretty silent, other than Alice's constant chatter. Pulling up to the school Athena grabbed her bag and reached her hand to open the car door, but Edward was quicker. He opened the door, and Athena stiffened in shock of the sudden movement. Edward looked at her with a curious look.

"Are you alright?" the hot ass kiss my ass (😀)vampire asked her.

"oh! uh yeah, yeah...." Athena mumbled.

"Let me help" Edward said as he offered her his hand.

"Thanks" Athena gave him a small smile and took his hand. The moment their hands grasped each other, the two felt a weird but satisfying energetic tingle run up their arms. Athena slightly shivered and Edward just closed his eyes peacefully for a second. 

"Why don't we get to class? We don't want to be late" Athena broke the silence.  Edward napped his eyes open and they let their hands fall their sides

"We should skip biology today," he said quietly.

"Blood typing?" Athena asked lowly.

"So you knew?" Of course she did, he thought to himself.

"Lucky guess." Athena said sarcastically. Edward smiled to himself.

"But Biology is after lunch so cmon" Athena grabbed his hand again and pulled him along to their first class. The same energy sensation. Edward instantly calmed down, but another thing happened instantly as well; his siblings thoughts.

Eddie and Athena sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! Someone's got a crushhh, Eddies got a crushhh,....

They look adorable! Oh they are so meant for each other, Esme was right....

Until he finally uses his brain correctly! I can't believe he even considered that disgusting human in those books and he still had the audacity to want to kill the poor baby! On the other hand Athena.....

I wonder what the difference between Almond milk and Cow milk is? Do cows even get to drink their own milk? Thats so sad. I want to cry. Thats impossible though. Why is it impossible though? Ohhh right. Alice once told me.....

That only put Edward in deep thought. Meant for each other? What was that supposed to mean? Unless...

-

Edward kept an eye on her through the classes in silence. When lunch came, they silently made their way to the usual table. Athena barely ate her food and the others felt worried about her. They were all feeling it and Edward could hear them clearly.

"So, Athena," Alice started. Smile not faltering.

"Yes?" Athena asked, meeting her eyes.

"We were wondering if you wanted to go to Seattle this weekend. Partly for shopping and partly for swimming," Alice said and noticed Athena's eyes lit up. Nearly glowing.

"Really?" she asked, excited.

The others at the table nodded and smiled at her enthusiasm.

"That would be awesome," Athena said and felt the pull in the back of her mind lose a bit more of its power.

"Great! I can't wait," Alice said with a grin and started another conversation with Rosalie.

The bell rang and Athena and Edward sat in his car while waiting for biology to pass. Soon Athena noticed Mike supporting a very green Bella she felt worried for the girl, but she couldn't control the strange pull as much as she tried.

"What's going on?" Edward asked, noticing her look.

"Look that way," Athena said and pointed in the right direction.

Edward could barely believe his eyes. "Should I go help?" he wondered and awaited a reaction from the girl beside him.

Her eyes started glowing with anger and she glared another way. "Sure, if you want" she answered short, her voice cold. 

Edward raised an eyebrow and shook his head. What was going on with her? Was she jealous? No, that would be absurd.

He turned and held on the handle, pressed it down. A hand rested on his forearm and he looked back to Athena. She seemed conflicted with herself.

"Please don't," she then said.

He let go and turned in his seat so he was facing her. "Why?" he heard himself ask.

She let go of him and looked another way. "I don't know," she whispered and her eyes closed. She drew a ragged breath and out of his vision on her right cheek, a tear was resting briefly before it fell. Going unnoticed.

"Um I need to go now," he said noticing the time.

"Alright. See you later."

🌲