.18. ᴘʀᴀᴄᴛɪsᴀsᴀɴᴀ

Running into Taehyung cooling down after another gruelling practice in one of the agency's dance studios was:

a) Jungkook's new reality now (even if he still pinched himself to make sure he wasn't daydreaming again)

b) a little overwhelming because Taehyung's every move oozed charisma (to say nothing of the way it turned Jungkook on)

c) making Jungkook's heart bumble with a frisson that never got old despite the multiple occurrences in the past week alone

d) all of the above, which made Jungkook question how he'd survived for so long without getting his daily dose of Kim Taehyung.

It was late and everyone else had left already. Jungkook (who hadn't quit his day job because the company had been clear about the fact that this gig was temporary), had only evenings to practise. Choreographer Son, after his audition, had handed him his keycard to access the agency's facilities until Jungkook received his own.

Thankfully, Taehyung never brought up anything even remotely related to Jungkook's infatuation which had, by then, become somewhat of an open secret. As Koreans put it, the man had sense.

Jungkook unlocked the door as quietly as possible but the soon-to-debut idol noticed movement in the mirror and turned around to greet him with his signature grin. "Jungkook! Where have you been? You missed practice again."

"I had to drop by the dresser's office, for a fitting."

"I see." He pointed at a recording device sitting on the floor by the wall-to-wall mirror. "I'm filming a vlog, for the SNS department — they love it when we give them content to post — but I can shut it off if you'd like."

"Oh. No, it's fine. I can come back later. Or maybe look for another empty studio."

"Don't be silly." He got up to fetch two mats. "Warm up?"

Jungkook managed a nod, aware of the creeping self-consciousness in front of the rolling video camera. In the meantime, Taehyung had settled in a comfortable sitting position and was now staring expectantly. "You lead?"

"Sure."

After a few long breaths, Jungkook eased them into a gentle flow, mindful of Taehyung's exhausted state. Focusing on his form helped him hold a smile back because somehow, this felt like 'old times'. Whatever that meant.

Once he felt confident his muscles had stretched enough, he removed both mats while Taehyung went to turn the Bluetooth speakers on. "I'll just skip 'till the end of the first verse," he added, eyes on his phone screen.

"Or we could start from the top?"

Taehyung stalled. "From the top?"

"If you don't mind."

Taehyung's gaze turned observant, perhaps trying to decipher the prank, or the humour behind the other's odd request. But Jungkook had walked away in search of something.

Some clarification was needed. "You know Suri's part?"

Pulling up a chair and placing it in the middle of room, Jungkook smirked. "Would you like to find out?"

There was nothing in Taehyung's fixed stare to indicate what was going through his mind at the moment, but Jungkook gathered he was potentially questioning the hazardous nature of the — very tactile — interactions to come.

"All right. From the top," he finally said before pressing play.

The opening notes of a minimalist musical arrangement pulsated throughout the room, thickening the space between them with a soulful flow. Taehyung stepped forward while Jungkook backed up in a seductive yet distant tango. The first breathy vocals echoed in their ears — Jungkook's cue to take the lead. Keeping his gaze fastened on the other, he placed his foot on the prop, stance bold and smile, inviting.

If Taehyung had been slightly hesitant before, the smirk left him with no other option than to adjust to his dance partner's posture. His fingers traced the contour of Jungkook's calf before grazing his hamstring teasingly. When they finally reached the glutes, Taehung did not resist giving them a little squeeze, causing a twitch.

Jungkook had never been touched like that by Taehyung before. It was no surprise his skin reacted to the faintest stroke. With a sharp inhale, he allowed his breath to meet the voluptuous beats of the moody piece and slowly made his way down Taehyung's torso, making sure he applied just enough pressure to let him know his caress had not gone unnoticed.

And Taehyung felt that. Deep down in his stomach, heavy with heat and want. The best kind of incentive to let go of any formal restraints, Taehyung realized, as his shoulders relaxed and his moves turned sensual.

As they entered the dreamy chorus, Jungkook responded to Taehyung's touchy appeals by upping his own suggestive game, twirling with ease until euphorically tipsy.

All these shapes that had felt so forced with a female partner became organic, as if the flesh had developed a mind of its own which presently craved further intimacy. Deepening the connexion required Taehyung to offer his self whole, and the man found himself willing.

Silky vocals brought Jungkook back to earth. The song was already coming to an end. Moving through the final call and response sequence, he gave it his all.

The gift of physical selflessness was not wasted on his perceptive partner, high on testosterone. Taehyung reacted the only way he could without crossing that line: more touches which, at this point, were anything but subtle.

The last reverb eventually died down, but neither of the dancers made a move to disengage from their choreographed entanglement. Out of breath, glowing from the perspiration visible on their exposed skin, both men revelled in intense ogling, indulging each other.

This intimate moment had amazing epiphanic qualities to it. Taehyung had indeed come to terms with several truths, the first one of which was his undeniable desire to kiss the living daylights out of the man in his arms.

The second fact he became painfully aware of had to do with Jungkook deserving so much more than stolen smooches in empty studios after dark, which was, alas, the only thing Taehyung had to offer.

Silently pondering the fate of the strawberry pie cutie — who was presently nowhere to be found — Taehyung lost himself in the contemplation of a stray drop of sweat running down Jungkook's neck and onto his bare collarbone.

Beautiful.

Jungkook, whose senses had long been overstimulated, could practically feel the gaze on his body. Taehyung's lips quivered, drawing attention to their fleshy lines. They were so so close. Jungkook thought that if Taehyung was to lean, he'd catch those lips in his own wantonly.

But Taehyung did not move.

And so Jungkook waited.

Wattpad fanfic writers write for free. One way you can show your appreciation for their hard work is to vote!

Thank you for reading ~♡