.26. ᴅᴀᴛɪɴɢᴀsᴀɴᴀ

Dating an idol, Jungkook discovered, was both surprisingly easy and extremely tricky for reasons listed below. First of all, there were rules to abide by that Taehyung didn't have to enunciate for Jungkook to figure them out.

Rule 1: avoid crowded places. An impossible task because Seoul was a busy city 24/7 and no matter where you went, you would never find yourself alone, which made the South Korean capital safe for locals but a real challenge for anyone in need of some quiet time.

However, Jungkook also discovered that people didn't expect to run into idols outside of their superstar settings, wearing regular clothes and no makeup. Taehyung didn't look any different to him but to everyone else anticipating razzle-dazzle, a hoodie, jeans and a baseball cap on South Korea's jazziest number must have been unfathomable.

Which would explain why they successfully broke rule 1 on their first official date by spending a whole day at Lotte World without being stalked. Taehyung had insisted his time off would be allocated to standing in line with Jungkook resting his head on his shoulder as they waited for their turn to board the rides. Jungkook had found no objection and even felt a little guilty for enjoying watching Taehyung's genuine fright as they free-fell over 70 metres at too high a speed for the heart not to jump in one's throat.

Rule 2: avoid weekends, when the size of crowds anywhere simply tripled just because 2/3rd of residents were off from work. Between Taehyung's wacky schedule and Jungkook's free time, this directive was easily observed.

Rule 3: no PDA. This was no doubt the most problematic injunction for the boys who could barely keep their hands off each other, too addicted to those butterflies blossoming within at every single touch. Yet both were acutely aware of the fact that no matter how inconspicuous Taehyung looked, there were people who were literally paid to track down celebrities in mundane settings and capture them on celluloid at their most vulnerable.

The other challenge was to find a way around Taehyung's schedule which was getting busier as the artist was recording songs for his upcoming album. That's how Jungkook discovered that those working in the entertainment industry lived on a different timetable altogether. No one started before noon and nobody took off until well into the night.

Jungkook, an early riser, would have loved to spend his mornings hiking in the mountains with Tae but the thought of him having to forego sleep didn't sit well with him. Taehyung, however, had instantly embraced the prospect of what sounded like some alone time with Jungkook. "I'm sure Tannie and Fifi can behave for a few hours."

And so it was decided their second date would take place somewhere between heaven and earth.

Seoul's heights proved a good idea for the trekker demographics consisted mainly of middle to old age citizens who only saw in Taehyung a handsome lad with a long stride and shortage of breath. "Don't climb with your legs but with your core," Jungkook had advised. And huh? What the hell did that even mean?

Taehyung was too exerted to ask for clarification but soon found out he didn't need to voice his thoughts around Jungkook, his ever so perceptive boyfriend. The man had placed his fingers on his lower abdomen, and had leaned into his ear. "Pretend there's a rope attached right here and it's pulling you upward."

Such a simple trick. Such miraculous results.

They soon attained one of Inwangsan's summits. Jungkook made sure no one was around before guiding Taehyung away from the trail, into the undergrowth. Dried up pine needles crunched under their boots until they reached the wall of the ancient fortifications which had guarded the city long before anyone called it Seoul.