Chapter 11- Riley

I don't know what the hell I was thinking, but I could say that at least I was feeling something. My minds was clouded by the joint I was smoking.

"Now remember Red before you get too wasted." I giggle at Max looking at me. Is that a concern look on his face? Nah! it can't be he doesn't even know me. At this point I don't even know myself, because this is something that I would have never done before. But at this moment I don't feel numb I actually feel...happy.

It's the drugs you idiot!

I internally have a war with my brain because right now I want to feel something. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and start laughing.

"You okay Red?" Max looks at me like I'm crazy...hell maybe I am. But I really don't care at the moment.

"N-no I'm g-good." I say in between giggles. "I was just saying I wanted to feel something and then my phone s-starts vibrating."  I'm still laughing when I hear Max chuckle. "You're something else Red." I distract myself from his intense gaze as I look at my phone and sigh. It's Blake again, I know I should answer but I just can't, I start to feel guilty.

"Boyfriend?"

I snap my head up to look at Max and I feel myself blush. "No we are just um friends."

Mmmm hmmm is all he says. He puts his hand out for me to take. I just stare at it, not knowing what to do.

"Come on Red let's have some fun."

"I thought this was fun?" I arch an eyebrow at him. Max just smiles at me and damn he is good looking. If I wasn't so hooked on Blake I could see me crushing on him.

"Oh that was just to loosen you up, the fun will start where I want to take you."

I know I should listen to my brain and just call Blake to come get me, but I want to feel alive again. So I take Max's hand and he winks at me. "I promise Red you will have the time of your life."

He walks me to a 67 Mustang, I love vintage cars. "Is this your car?" He shrugs his shoulders and gives me a wicked grin. "Could be, you'll never know. Just get in Red so we can go." I slide in the car and buckle up. Max takes a hit off the joint and passes it to me before he shuts my door. Once he is inside and starts the engine, he smiles at me and backs out of the driveway. I see a guy running out of the house yelling. "Shit!" Max says as he speeds away.

"Oh my God! You really did steal this car." I can't help but laugh. This is the most reckless thing I have done and I am having fun. Max just laughs as he drives away. "Wait do you even have your license? He gives me a smirk but doesn't say anything. I shrug my shoulders because I really don't care at the moment.

We drive a little out of town and now I'm starting to get a little paranoid. I mean I am in a stolen car with a guy I hardly know. "Are you going to chop my body into little pieces and bury me deep in the woods where nobody will ever be able to discover my body?" He just stares at me for a moment and then starts laughing. "Oh my god you are! Look I'm too young to die, I mean I almost died already once, maybe twice I don't know. I mean I was in and out of consciousness for two weeks so who knows." I know I'm rambling but I just can't seem to stop. I feel the tears start to build up but I try not to let them out. "The first time I feel something since the fire and now I'm going to die."

I don't even realize that we are pulled over until I feel his hand on my cheek and I instantly freeze. "Riley I am not going to kill you, I actually find you quite entertaining." I finally turn to look at him and he laughs at me. "Then what are you doing Max?" He caresses my cheek with his thumb and it just feels wrong and so foreign to me. He notices my reaction and slowly moves his hand away. "Well I was going to take you somewhere you can let loose and forget about all your problems. By the way the car is not stolen, it's mine. So you don't have to worry about that either."

My mouth hangs open in shock. "You asshole!"I slap him on his chest. "You made me think..." I start laughing so hard I clench my stomach. "You are adorable when you ramble Riley." He starts the engine and we take off. "So where are we going?" He side glances at me and smirks, "you just have to wait and see." Ten minutes later we are in front of a building with a sign that said Luscious.

"Are we at a club?"

"You are a smart one Red."

"Shut up!" I laugh and it feels so good to laugh again. I miss this feeling. "We can't get in there."

"Oh ye of little faith." Max gets out of the car and comes around and opens my door. He grabs my hand and walks up around the building to the back door. "Whatever you do Red do not take drinks from strangers." I roll my eyes at him but nod my head. " Well then I shouldn't be here with you then." He stops before he knocks and looks at me with a shocked expression. "You wound my heart Red." I laugh because he is just so funny or maybe it's because I'm high. He knocks on the door and a guy opens it up and I take a step back.

This is such a bad idea.

Max grabs my hand and looks at the guy with tattooed arms. "Hey Tony." The guy looks at me and looks like he is going to devour me. "Hey cuz stop staring at Red, are you going to let us in or what?" He stares Max down hard but then his lips twitch and he starts to laugh. He pulls Max in to a headlock. "Maxie boy! You know the rules." Max glares at him but then smiles and shoves him back. "Ya ya I know asshole." He grabs my hand and drags me through the door.

Once inside the lights are streaming throughout the whole place and the music is loud and lively. "Come on Red." He guides me to the bar and immediately there is four shots in front of us. He picks one up and hands it to me and then one for himself. " To having fun." We clink glasses and I throw my head back and take  the shot. It burns down my throat but I feel all warm inside. We drink a few more and then Max grabs my hand again. "Let's dance." We get to the dance floor and he has his hands on my hips and we are moving to the music.  Right now I do not have a care in the world.

I feel his breath on my ear as he talks to me. "You having fun now?" I turn my head slightly to say something and our lips are almost touching. I look at his lips and then up to his eyes. "Yeah this is great." He moves his face closer to mine but just when he is about to kiss me I move my head and feel his lips on cheek. He grabs my hand and spins me out and I laugh, this is so much damn fun. When he brings me back my hands land on his chest I look up at him all out of breath, and the smile that lit up his eyes has changed to something else. He leans down and just when I think he is going to kiss me again I feel my phone buzz.

I'm pulled out of my trance and pull out my phone it's Blake again. Now I feel guilty as hell even if we are not together. "Maybe another time Red."

What the hell is wrong with me?

Uh oh! What is our girl Riley up to? Is she going to do something she might regret?