Chapter 33 - Riley

It's been a couple of months since Blake walked back into my life, and I couldn't be happier. He's been at the Fire Station for two months and nothing crazy has happened. I am glad we decided for Blake to move in so we can spend whatever time we could together. Some might think it's too soon but we already wasted four years, and I wasn't about to waste anymore time apart.

I remember our date right before he started, boy am I glad we got to do that because his schedule is insane. He took me out on a ride on his motorcycle, which I loved and beg him to do any chance he gets. The best thing about the whole day was the gift he game me.

"What's this?" I look at the little box that Blake nervously hands me.

"Open it up and you will see love."

We are sitting on a blanket on a secluded beach. I nervously open the box and see a ring inside. I stare up at Blake and he puts his hands out.

"It's not what you think think wildfire. It's a promise ring." He takes the ring out of the box and  it's a beautiful silver chain. He puts it on my neck and gives me a quick kiss and turns to face me. "It's a promise to do whatever is in my power to come back to you. I know your worried about my job, so this is my promise to you."

I look at the ring and see there is an inscription on the inside. It says All I need is you Riley Ann.

I look at the ring and smile to myself. He has come home to me ever since. There is a knock on my door and I get up to open my bedroom door.

"Hey babes. I'm gonna be leaving soon. Can you help me finish packing up." Lendze looks like she is going to cry so I pull her into a hug.

"Of course hun." I pull back and wipe the tears from her eyes. "I know I'm being silly Ry. We will see each other all the time."  I feel the tears threaten to fall. "It's definitely the end of an era Lendz." We hug each other again and dry our eyes.

"Look at us being silly crying when we are living the lives we want. You with Blake and now me moving in with Scott. Look at us growing up." She chuckles as she shakes her head.

All of the sudden my stomach turns and I run to the bathroom. I empty out the contents in my stomach. Lendze comes in and rubs my back as I throw up again. It must be from everything changing. Lendze moving out and Sam practically living at Chase's when they don't have a fight because they're both so bullheaded. I get up and rinse out my mouth and walk back to the room.

"Should I call Blake?" Lendz asks with a worried expression on her face.

"I'm okay Lendz I promise. It's just nerves everything is just changing so fast. I guess part of me is scared."

Lendze sits on my bed and grabs my hand. "Bitch please! Nothing is going to change, except now you can walk around naked without interruptions." She wiggles her eyebrows and I can't help but laugh.

"That would be true if y'all didn't still have keys."

"You'll never get it back." We laugh and she hugs me tight. "Lay down and rest Ry. I can come back and get the rest later. I love you my sister from another mister."

"I love you too."

She kisses my head and leaves the room. It's not like I'm not going to see her again. I can't get rid of her even if I wanted to. I close my eyes and fall asleep. My phone rings and wakes me up, when I see who it is I can't help but smile.

Hey wildfire. How you doing love?

I'm doing okay baby.

My stomach begins to churn again.