See more: Part 14

"Shorty! take a break!" Mateo yelled out to me. A few hours have past and I've just been going at it trying to land the ollie. Mateo has tried a few times but also hasn't succeeded. 

"Nope! I gotta land it!" I yelled out. I looked away and proceeded to practice. I heard Mateo get on his board and heard him get closer to me. I thought nothing of it until he hoped of his skateboard and tackled me to the floor.

"Shit! what the heck you shit head!" 

"Come on take a break you fart!"

"I said no! now get the fuck off!"

Mateo and I were wrestling each other on the concrete floor of the skatepark. I didn't realize till now that while we were wrestling he was protecting my head from hitting the floor. His heartbeat was racing and his breath was touching my skin. His laughter was filling my ears. His eyes would look into mine from time to time. 

He paused and sat on top of me. He smiled at me. That smile was the death of me. His eyes were the death of me. His existence was the death of me but also the reason I loved being alive. 

"It's pretty comfy up here," He said with a smirk painted on his face. "Get off of me," I said to him as my face turned bright red. He then started moving and I then started holding my breath. 

"Please get off," I told him with my face flushed red and my voice shaking. "Shit yeah ok sorry!" He replied. I knew he meant no harm but he could've gotten off sooner. 

"Sorry! I'm sure I made you uncomfortable! I'm really sorry!" 

"Don't worry. Natual reactions are just hard to control"

"Again I'm sorry!" 

After the millions of apologies he threw at me we finally started heading back home. We got some food along the way and started talking about our past.

"Ok, so you were a band kid? So you can like play an instrument?"

"Not anymore!"

"Damn ok no need to yell, shorty"

"Ok next question. What was your last relationship like"

"Never had one. I would ask you the same but you got your own relationship going so-"

"Actually we broke up the day before I asked you to hang"

His voice was cracking at every word he spits out. His smile was completely gone. His eyes were no longer bright. His hands hold each other and his eyes pasted on the floor. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't know. Do you wanna talk about it?" 

"Not really"

"Ok then let's talk about the stars. I know nothing about them but I can pretend"

He looks up at me and he smiled. I finally made him smile. It was finally me who was making him happy.  He let out a laugh and looked at the stars. 

A/n

Does anyone wanna go on a picnic with me?

REMEMBER YOU'RE VALID AND LOVED. REMEMBER TO DRINK LOTS OF WATER AND GET PLENTY OF REST

-mouse