38 ⋆ Dirt

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───

Jimin's POV 

I woke to a cold wind on my back, making me shiver and rattle my chains as I curled in on myself. My back side ached and my head hurt so much due to what happened roughly two days ago.

I closed my eyes and let out a shaky breath as I realized I had been here for almost a week now, still with no rescue from Jungkook, or any sound from the mind link. I shivered again as a strong wind rattled through the shed. 

After I gained enough consciousness, I looked down at my chains and glanced at how far they went, noticing they were attached to a small, rusted ring in the middle of the floor. Looking back up at the locked door, a plan formulated into my head.

Quickly, I sat up, using almost all of my strength, and faced the rusted ring. "Come on, Jimin. Do it for Jungkook." I whispered as I wrapped the chain-link hand cuffs around my wrists, holding onto it tightly. 

I scooted closer to the ring and with all of the strength I had in me, pulled as hard as I could. I could feel my teeth grinding against each other and every muscle in my body straining as I pulled and pulled.

The metal ring was not budging in the slightest. Out of options, frustration, and desperation, I closed my eyes, and prayed to the moon goddess, grasping on any thread of hope.

With one more teeth grinding pull, the ring snapped, sending me flying on my back with a groan as I heaved up and down, trying to regain some sense of strength and breath.

Wincing, I sat back up and raised my wrists to my face. They were bleeding from the strain of the metal against my skin, but I was more focused on the fact that I wasn't chained down anymore.

My breathing quickened, the realization washing over me, buzzing with adrenaline, as I scrammed to my feet with a sore ache in my body and rushed to the door.

The door had been wound tightly with chains. There was definitely a lock, or locks, holding it all together on the outside. I grabbed the hole cut out for a missing handle and tried to pull, hoping this would give in as easily as the ring would.  

I cried out in anger, letting go of the door as I looked around for some sort of backup plan. I burst into tears, I had no plan B, there was no way I was getting out.

Looking up through tears stained lashes, I glanced down at the straw under me and sniffled, watching as the cold wind blew in underneath a tiny crack at the bottom of one of the wooden wall panels of the shed, and made the straw shift underneath, kicking up dirt below it.

Dirt.

I gasped out loud. There was the dirt ground underneath the thick straw flooring of the shed.

My hands were in the ground before I could even think properly as a flurry of black and brown earth was flung into the air behind me, some of it burying itself so far in my nails that they ached, but I kept going until a hole presented itself before me.

I panted heavily as I looked at my work, but the sound of footsteps approaching made my heart beat out of my chest in sudden panic. 

I quickly shoved all of the loose dirt back in its place and shuffled some of the hay over it to make it look normal. Then I hooked the broken chain back onto the ring.

Covering all the traces of the escape plan, I went back to the middle of the room and placed myself in a position where it looked like I was still chained up, asleep.