7 ⋆ Burden

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───

Jimin's POV

It was only the fourth day and I was already going back to Yoongi. I snuck out of the house at five in the morning, trudging through the dew and cold towards the hut. The torches were lit and the door was open, Yoongi walking around inside. I carefully stepped in, watching as Yoongi toyed with some herbs, his back towards me. 

"Back so soon?" He asked, catching me off guard. "Let me guess. You want to get closer to Jungkook. You want to fall in love with him, not just feel like you have to." He looked over his shoulder at me and grinned. "I know exactly what you're thinking, Jimin. Don't look too shocked." He teased, turning around. 

He walked over to a separate room on the right side of the hut, waving at me to follow him. I walked into the other room, a large circular mat on the floor. He sat down and gestured for me to sit across from him. Rocks were placed in a circle in the center of the mat, an obvious thing used for rituals.  

"I will tell you what I tell all of the other females. Watch them when they sleep. You'll be amazed by how fast you can fall in love just by watching their softest side. When you grow to appreciate that, then you can look past their hard shell and love who they are." I sighed and placed my head in my hands. 

"Something deeper troubles you." Yoongi observed.

I laughed sarcastically and looked up at him. "Besides the fact I'm forcing myself to fall in love, becoming one with a werewolf, turning into a Luna for a werewolf pack?"

Yoongi smiled softly. "You're still wearing the crystal, Jimin. Anyone who didn't truly want this would have taken it off by now." 

I reached up and touched the gem on my forehead. I just shook my head and stood. "Thank you." I whispered, then left the hut.

I looked around and sighed, deciding to go for a walk by myself. I walked through the woods aimlessly, my thoughts running through my mind at what felt like a million miles per hour.  

This would all be mine one day, all of it. I shook my head at the crazy thought and smiled, leaning against the tree. I stared at the leaf covered floor and bit the tip of my thumb, when the crack of leaves sounded behind me. I turned quickly and locked eyes with a little boy who looked extremely lost and afraid.  

I quickly walked over and bent down, looking him over. "Hey, what are you doing out here alone?" I asked, reaching out and looking him over to see if he was hurt or not.

"I was playing hide and go seek with mommy and I got lost." He whispered, his eyes filling with tears. I looked up and looked around, realizing I was lost too.  

"Okay, come on. Let's go." I said, picking him up and carrying him on my hip.

"Why are you wearing that on your forehead?" He asked, shoving his fingers in his mouth.

"I'm the future Luna of this pack. This is a traditional crystal Luna's wear to signify their coming to power." I told him with a smile.   

"You're going to be Luna?" He asked, staring at me with wide eyes.

I laughed and nodded. "Yes. I'll be bonded to the Alpha and we'll rule for a long time until we have children and can pass on our legacy to them."

The boy thought for a minute. "But you're boys. You can't have kids?" He asked.

I smiled and looked at him. "What's your name?" I asked happily, in love with the child before me.

"Seungjae." He said nervously.

"Well, Seungjae, I'm Jimin. And where there's love, there's a way." I answered, looking back to the forest around me, seeing Yoongi's shack in the distance.

"You love him?" Seungjae questioned. 

I sighed and looked at the forest floor. "I'm not sure yet." I told him honestly.

"My mama said one day, when I'm big and strong, that I could be Alpha."

I looked at him and grinned. "Oh really?" He nodded quickly with a smile. "I'll keep that in mind." I said.

We were almost to Yoongi's hut when I heard talking in the distance and the mention of Jungkook. 

"Stay here." I whispered, setting Seungjae down by a tree. He followed my orders and didn't move a muscle as I hid behind a tree, a group of three men talking lowly in the further back forest.

"We can't tell him." Someone said, but I recognized him as the Beta.

"He'll find out soon enough, Jackson. Everyone knew it was coming."

They all went quiet. "His father is dead, Jackson. You have to tell him. You're the Beta."

Jackson grumbled but nodded. "I'll tell him once he's woken up. I don't want to burden him any more than he already is, being stuck with a human mate for one."

I furrowed my eyebrows at the statement. Jungkook's father was dead and I was a burden? 

I backed away and went back to Seungjae, picking him up once more and placing him on my hip. "Alright, let's get you home. I'm sure your mother is already talking to my mate." I said with a laugh which died sadly, burden running through my mind.

We entered onto the gravel path, walking up to the circle of high ranking houses. Sure enough, a hysterical woman was crying to Jungkook who held her hand, nodding intently. My presence made him look up instantly.

The mother turned and saw her son, running over. "Oh Luna! Thank god! Thank you!" She cried happily, taking Seungjae from me.

I smiled and slightly bowed my head. "You have a wonderful son. It would be an honor to spend more time with him." I said gently, smiling. Her eyes went wide.

"Yes, yes, of course!" She said, reaching out and hugging me. I smiled and said my goodbyes as she walked quickly back to her home further down. I turned and looked at Jungkook who watched me steadily.  

I walked over and reached out, hugging him gently. He wrapped his arms around me and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. Jungkook shook his head and held me just a little tighter.

"For what?" He asked.

"For being a burden." I said softly, tears welling up in my eyes at the word. 

Jungkook pulled away and made me look up at him, wiping away the single tear that fell down my cheek.

"Don't ever say that. Don't you ever say that again." He growled, staring deeply into my eyes. I sniffed and nodded, wiping my eyes as the three men from earlier slowly advanced to us. Jungkook just held me back against his chest. 

"Alpha..." Jackson trailed off.

"Yes, what is it?"

There was a moment of pause before he started again. "Your father has passed, Alpha."

Jungkook's arms went a little tighter, hurting me, but I didn't say anything.

"Thank you." He said, turning us away and walking us back into the house.

I watched as he went into the bedroom and slammed the door shut. I didn't see him the rest of the day.

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───