4 ⋆ Oracle

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───

Jimin's Pov

I was awake before Jungkook was. I had opted to sleep on the couch rather than the bed alongside him. He of course protested and asked me to stay, but I refused and stayed awake for the majority of the night. Because I was awake before he was, I was able to escape the house for a while and go on a walk outside before everyone else was up. 

I walked down the gravel path with all of the houses lined up. A few people were outside, staring at me as I walked by. "Luna." They whispered as I walked by. I just smiled softly and walked in between the houses, noticing a small hut in the distance. I continued forward, intrigued by the small house made out of branches and twigs. 

The houses grew further and further away as I advanced towards the hut. Torches glowed around the hut as I advanced, but I was drawn towards it.

"Can I help you?" Someone asked, standing behind me. I jumped and met the eyes of a young man with porcelain white skin and mint colored hair. He wore a braid by his ear with a feather attached to it.

"Oh, the future Luna." He commented and walked past me into the hut. 

I hesitantly followed him in, watching as he worked at a small station with herbs and plants. He turned and looked over his shoulder at me. "I've never had a future Luna visit me so soon." He said, turning fully and staring at me.

"I don't even know who you are," I said shyly.

He tilted his head and smiled softly. "Min Yoongi, pack Oracle." He stuck his hand out and smiled. 

"Oracle?" I asked. 

He smiled softly, "I act as a medium. People seek advice from me which I see through seeking out the gods, in this case, the moon goddess. I am a spiritual guide."

I nodded strangely at him, my skepticism already at an all-time high with everything that was going on. Yoongi reached out and took my hand, holding it in his. 

"You are so scared of all of this. I can tell." He said kindly. I sighed and looked over my shoulder before looking back at him. "Only females of the pack and the Alpha and Luna are permitted to visit me. I guide those who struggle. I know you are scared now, so it is acceptable to visit me for guidance. 

"Later on, you will come to me for help when it comes to bonding, how to be a good Luna, and how to gain Jungkook's love. You don't see this now, but I see this. And I will be here to guide you." He let go of my hand and looked to the left, as if he sensed something I didn't. "Your Alpha is frantic. He can't find you."  And with that, Yoongi turned and went back to his work.

I slowly left the hut, thinking of all he had said. As soon as I walked outside, I spotted Jungkook leaning against a tree, staring hard at me. I stared back before starting to walk, walking past him.

"Hey." He said harshly, grabbing my arm and turning me around. 

I winced at his strength, causing him to let me go as I stared into his eyes, a slow fear filling my veins.

"You can't just leave like that." He growled closely.

"I sought out help," I whispered, staring at him with wide eyes.

"Bullshit, you don't even know what an Oracle is, let alone that we have a pack Oracle." 

I looked away, knowing he was right.

"Don't do that again."

I nodded and swallowed as he stared at me, then looked over his shoulder, clenching his jaw.

"I'm supposed to tell you more about the relationship between an Alpha and a Luna today." He muttered, turning and walking back to our house, expecting me to follow. 

I trailed behind him, my heart beating wildly in my chest. Jungkook led me into the library of the house, each wall a giant bookcase filled with books. He walked over and grabbed a few before sitting down at a table and pulling out a chair for me. I sat down quietly as he placed the first book in front of me, it's cover dusty and yellowed. 

"The Alpha is the leader of the pack. Werewolves are different from regular wolves as we're part human too. Because of this, our pack sizes are substantial compared to a normal wolf pack. There are four ranks which rule over the pack in its entirety. There's the lowest rank, the Omega, which basically deals with the normal pack members." 

"Then the Beta, basically the Alpha's right-hand man who reports the events of the outside world and other packs to me. There's the Alpha who rules over all of the pack, makes the big decisions, like war, and then the Luna." He stopped and looked up at me.

"People argue she's the most powerful rank of the pack. She keeps everything in order. She makes sure her mate is satisfied and calm, she looks after the people and works with them directly, she sometimes goes into battle alongside the Alpha, she can make the big decisions as well, and she works side by side with the Oracle." 

I stared at the book which he had opened to a page of a woman wearing a crown of antlers and jewels. 

"That's Luna's headpiece. Passed down from one Luna to another." He said, noticing I was looking at it. "They typically wear that going into war, speaking to the moon goddess, or while mating."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Okay," I whispered shakily.

"If, and hopefully when we mate, we'll be bonded for life. We will be able to read each other's thoughts, feel each other's emotions, and feel each other's pain. If you're sad, I'm sad. If I've broken a rib, you'll feel as if you have too. That's ultimately why mating is so intense. You're becoming one. You're feeling what I am and I'm feeling what you are and we're joining together." 

I stared at him, his face so concentrated on what he was explaining. He was passionate about this. All of this. Something within me made me reach out and gently cup his face in my hand. Jungkook's dark eyes looked at me, piercing my soul. I quickly pulled my hand away and looked back down at another book he had opened. 

"Each mark is unique," I whispered, looking at the pictures of different marks drawn on the sketched necks on the paper.

"That's right," Jungkook said, grabbing another book and placing it down, flipping through some more pages. "This is a lot to take in. I know it is. But I'm trying to explain this slow and easy." 

I nodded and smiled at him. "I appreciate it." He nodded sternly and looked down at the page he had opened.

"This is only day one, Jimin. We still have twenty-five before the five days preparation for the mating ceremony." I stared at him, his last two words catching me off guard.

"Mating ceremony?" I asked. 

He looked at me, sensing my fear. "It's not what you think. Really, it's not. It's just a big celebration which ends with... you know. But that's entirely in our own privacy. It's okay." He assured, looking back down on the page. I looked down too, looking at the picture of the drawn woman in the antler crown, her hand on the head of a black wolf standing next to her, their eyes staring into me.

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───