22 ⋆ Knot

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───

Jimin's POV

1 day until preparing for the mating ceremony

I woke up on Jungkook's chest, the pain in my shoulder still there, but much less painful than yesterday. Yesterday was not a good day. I closed my eyes tightly at the thought as everything ran through my head. I had killed someone, threatened my pack, and sobbed in the shower to the point where Jungkook had to use his hormones to make me calm down. I blinked a few times, already thinking about how to make today better as I lay in bed.

An idea came into my mind and I carefully rolled on top of Jungkook's lap, trying not to wake him. Slowly, I leaned down and began to kiss all over his face, tickling his skin smooth. A smile spread across his face as he opened his eyes and looked up at me through hooded lashes.

"Good morning, Alpha." I greeted softly, leaning down leisurely and placing my lips against his. He sighed happily and snaked a hand behind my neck, holding me close.

"What a nice thing to wake up to," Jungkook said, smiling, as I pulled away. I bit my lip and looked at him, sitting back in his lap.

"I'm sorry," I said, shaking my head.

"For what?" He questioned, resting his head on his arm behind him.

"Yesterday. Acting like that and just... everything that happened yesterday." He tilted his head at me and gave me a sad smile.

"I love you," He said gently as he lifted his hand, held my chin, and caressed my cheek with his thumb, "Nothing you do could ever convince me otherwise. Everything will be alright." I smiled and leaned down, kissing the tip of his nose.

"It's our last day together," I whispered, dragging my hands down his chest to rest on his abs. Today was the last day before the preparation for the mating ceremony began, and me and Jungkook can't see each other during it due to the sacred tradition passed down generations from long-ago ancestors.

Jungkook smiled and nodded. "Are you nervous?" He asked, placing a hand over mine.

I shook my head, "I was. Not anymore. I'll be honest with you, Jungkook. When I was first getting to know you and adapting to this life, I was very skeptical. I didn't know if I could do it, and I wanted to back out. But something told me to stay, so I did, and I fell in love. I'm still in love. I'm not nervous, I'm ready." I told him, a goofy grin spreading across my face as I talked.

Jungkook's face held the biggest smile I had ever seen, and the sight alone made my heart melt. "I love you so much," Jungkook said, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles softly. I blushed and slowly sunk back down onto his chest, resting my head on his warm and smooth skin. I loved this- being with him just like this. "I'm going to miss you." Jungkook murmured as his fingertips grazed over my back.

"Well then seeing me again will be even sweeter."

Jungkook laughed, "Mmm, really sweet." I gasped at his words, slapping his chest lightly at his reference of us mating for the ceremony.

"Just don't hurt me when we mate, I haven't had sex in a while," I said.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, almost looking impressed. "You've had sex before?" He asked, surprised.

"Jungkook! I've had sex before, yes," I said with a giggle, slapping his chest again.

"Damn, I thought we were both going into this without much experience." He groaned, tossing his head back against the pillows. I laughed and sat up on his lap, staring down at him once more.