42 ⋆ Hi

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───

Jimin's POV 

They say that just before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes, but that's not how it happened for me.

To be honest, I'd always thought the whole final-moment, mental life-scan thing sounded pretty awful.

Some things are better left buried and forgotten, as my mother used to say. I'd be happy to forget all of fifth grade, for example, and does anyone want to relive the first day of middle school? 

Add in all of the boring family vacations, pointless algebra classes, sports games, and bad kisses, all moments I barely lived through the first time around.

The truth is, though, I wouldn't have minded reliving my greatest hits.

When I first saw Jungkook's eyes underneath the red paint, glowing from the moonlight above and I knew he was mine and I was his.

When I met Seungjae, the smartest and sweetest little boy ever, my first and only friend here, who cared so much and helped me when I needed him the most.

When I first talked to the Oracle, Yoongi, who gave me countless advices on my new life and new love.

When I figured out what mating really was, and I could feel someone else's thoughts in my own. 

When Taehyung became the Beta of the pack, and I got to see my best friend and felt whole again.

When a white crown was placed upon my head and for the first time in my life, I was called something other than Jimin - Luna.

The things I want to remember; the things I wanted to be remembered for. 

But before I died, I didn't think about Jungkook, or any other guy. I didn't think of all the outrageous things I'd done with my friends. I didn't even think of my family, or the way the morning light turned the walls in our bedroom the color of cream, or the way the tiger flowers smelled on the meadow that never died. Instead, I thought of white, just nothingness. 

The thing is, I didn't really know. It's not like I woke up with a bad feeling in my stomach. I didn't see shadows where there shouldn't be any. I didn't remember to tell my mate that I loved him or remember to say good-bye to him at all.

For me, I stood on a ground full of straw with a cold breeze blowing through wood. I stared at my mate who stared helplessly back. I was killed by a man holding me tight against his chest with his canines drawn. 

And then, I woke up. 

I gasped something terrible, as if I was suffocating. My forehead hit against something hard, knocking me back onto something equally solid.

Shaking, I reached up and placed my fingertips against the hard object above me, moving over the smooth surface in some attempt to find an escape.

It was pitch black, and I was starting to panic as my breath became hot from being overused and the tight space barely allowed me to move. 

Punch. Something whispered in the back of my head. It sounded almost like my own voice.

"Jungkook?" I called out loud, thinking it was him over the mind link.

No. Now punch. The voice whispered again.

I swallowed hard, trying to steady my breathing as I pulled my arm back as far as it would go in the tight space, then shoved it hard against the surface above me. My hand throbbed, but the sound of a crack sent a wave of relief over me.