15. "Those who drown will die"

Dylan Matthew - Love Is Gone

"You broke two of my rules," he says calmly as he sits behind his desk in his chair. His tie is dangling loosely around his neck, and his shirt's top button was undone. I stand in front of his desk like a child who is in trouble, playing with my fingers nervously.

"What are you talking about?" my heart racing as I ask. He stands up from his chair and walks around the desk to where I am standing. Our only source of light is the moon shining through the glass window.

"Do you take me for a fool? I have eyes and ears everywhere" he leans against the desk, I take a small step backward "You left the castle without Hadley and you spoke to a male on the training field"

Oh, thank God he doesn't know I went into his room "I wanted to go without Hadley and you said I can't talk to any unmated males, Chris had a mate" he growls when I say Chris's name. He really needs to stop growling.

"Keyword: Had, he doesn't have one anymore," he says through his teeth, I roll my eyes "It doesn't matter, he likes Anna," I say in a bored tone.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?" he asks dangerously "So what if I did?"

"You're testing my waters, so you better pray you to know how to swim" I pick at the chipped nail polish on my fingernail "Maybe I do know how to swim, what if I'm a good swimmer?"

"Within me, even the greatest swimmer would drown" What do I see as I glance up to meet his gaze? Emotion. I see emotion, I find pain, suffering, and hurt, as well as sorrow.

"And what if I want to drown?" I ask, my gaze is fixed on him, he comes closer and closer, his warm minty breath fans my face when he lowers his face to mine "Those who drown will die" he then backs away and goes to the window and stares out of it.

"Why do they die?" the words rush out, his mood immediately changes from sadness to anger, he turns around quickly and points at me "DON'T"

"Don't EVER think you can do that. Don't think you can get into my mind, don't ever think you're capable of doing that. You are only alive because my wolf will be depressed without you, and if that happens I become weaker, you mean nothing to me!" he yells and then points to the door "Out there we will be a King and a Queen, out there we will be an Alpha and a Luna, we will be mates out there. But in here we are nothing! You are nothing but a weak human girl. You mean nothing to me" I flinch at his harsh words, tears well up in my eyes, and my lip quivers.

No

"No!" I yell tears start to fall from my eyes and run down my cheeks "I may be new to this whole werewolf and fairytales are a real thing, but I know that you are supposed to care for me! I'm here! I'm here trying. If you can't accept me then why don't you just make Brittany your Queen seeing she's so desperate to be one? I'm sure she's better than some weak human girl!" My heart clenches, and tears stream down my cheeks. "And as for your rules. Screw them, I'll do as I please" I scream.

He chuckles bitterly "You really are weak and pathetic" he throws, his words hit me like a knife. I wipe my tears from my face "Well, I guess I'd rather be weak and pathetic than heartless and bitter" I spit and slam the door shut on my way out of his office.

How could I be so stupid? How could I think he'll change? Why did I even bother trying, when there's clearly no good left in him, that soft-hearted person Caiden told me about either never existed or is dead and gone.

I dash up to my room and take a bag from under the bed, stuffing as many clothes as I can into it, and grabbing my essentials, and tossing them in. Throwing my bag on my back, I leave, on my way out I see Brittany, ugh, why is she here?