🦇XCVI🦇

Heyo, I wonder if the reveal is how you imagined it to be ☺️

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇

"How long have you known?" Jungkook repeated. He clenched his fist tightly. It hurt him that the one he loved would only lie to him when it involved Yoongi. Whether it was to protect the head butler or to hide the truth, Jungkook hated it. At the end of the day he was unable to reduce the burden Jimin carried so heavily on his shoulders.

"How could I fail to recognize who he was?" Jimin's voice was gentle and this bitter serenity was what caused Jungkook to understand, the power of the first heartbreak. "I was caught by the pack's military when I infiltrated this place and that was not intentional. A scent that only belonged to her... was found in him. And I froze. Like a dream, I had no control over my body. I was drawn to this place, I was drawn to him with reasons I refused to accept. Yoongi's eyes hadn't changed, the way they looked at me then, was the same as they do now. It was something I could never forget." Jimin answered. "Do you know how long I waited, to seek his forgiveness? I... who promised to love him had betrayed him."

"You didn't do anything." Jungkook roared. "He-" The head butler pointed at the Alpha. "He was a monster, you had no choice-"

"No!" Jimin shouted. "I had a choice. I should have stayed as his demon, I should have known my place. I should have never been greedy. Yoongi gave me all of himself, unconditionally, without bias without discrimination. With his words I was able to view a beautiful world. With his care I was able to feel emotions for the first time. With his love I was able to learn how to love others. And I who had nothing to offer, selfishly wanted to tell him with words that were my own that I was thankful."

"Jimin-" Yoongi's voice was weak. The truth unfolded rapidly in front of them, they were in no place to take a pause, to assess their situation. Because underneath all the false pretence of happiness was a pandora box made of glass shattering. And within the broken pieces was the foul unvarnished truth. "I killed those people. I killed them indiscriminately. All this time I was at fault!"

"No!" Jimin knelt down and caressed Yoongi's cheek. "It was me... I-"

"Don't lie to me!" Yoongi cried as he looked at his hands and raised them up trembling. "I saw it... everything all that had happened. With these hands, I slaughtered them all."

"Where is his demon?!" Jimin shouted desperately at Jungkook as he helped Yoongi up, the Alpha was shakey as he leaned on Jimin for support. "Where is Agust? Tell me you didn't finish the transmutation."

Jungkook knew Jimin was quick to jump into denial when he was cornered. Had it always been too late to change everything of the past and change the course of the future? "His demon was supposed to return from the demon realm." The head butler whispered. The shock of the past had taken all his attention, he hadn't realised Yoongi's demon had yet to return.

Jimin had let Yoongi go as he fell to his knees. He bit his finger and began drawing a summoning circle on the floor with his blood. The Master mumbled a few words Jungkook couldn't understand yet his tone was a clear plead. He had opened a portal to the spirit world, the same one Yoongi had used the day he summoned Jimin for the first time.

"Jimin!" Yoongi shouted as he tried to stop him. "Don't do this! The transmutation is complete."

"Jimin this is dangerous, the summoning circle only works for children without a demon, Agust will return on his own... that's what the manual said." Jungkook pleaded.

"Those words were false," Jimin ground his teeth together. The desire to solve everything on his own was always what made Jungkook worry. "Yoongi, your father never really left. He returned to the spirit world intentionally before the transmutation was complete. Because Demons aren't supposed to have a mind of their own. When it was already too late, I found a coded transcript on the final page, it can only be read by demons to warn others. So your mother wouldn't lose her sanity... the way you had. If we retrieve your demon before dawn, we can stop the process of your transformation. And then-" But the sunlight had already begun to creep over the summoning circle. It truly was too late. Yoongi and Jungkook tied to pull Jimin away to prevent him from being swept into the void but he insisted. "No!" Jimin screamed.

"Jimin-" Yoongi said softly. "There are lots of things that need to be talked about but I'm immortal now. I promised to give Jungkook the Luna seed and-"

But Jimin was still desperate, a kind of desperation Jungkook had only seen twice before. And Jungkook knew more than anyone why this was.

"The Luna seed." Jimin laughed bitterly. "Yes, Jungkook needs the Luna seed to cure his illness forever, it had been something we had been searching for a thousand years. A powerful elixir that could cure all illnesses, all poisons, and purify all souls. Now that you have turned into a vampire, a dangerous transmutation from a werewolf. It is something your demon can't handle because your specie has changed completely. Without a demon to stabilise their master's powers, the master would lose their sanity. Do you know why your mother was able to keep sane? Your father had collected his essence and placed it in the luna seed. The ring he had given your mother before he left was able to subsitute for his absense. A demon without their essence is nothing."

"I don't understand mother said..."

"Demons are natural liars." Jimin's tears had trickled down his cheek. "We lie to the ones we love, to protect them from the truth. And this is the truth... if you don't use the Luna seed to purify your soul before the month is over, history will repeat itself." Jimin's legs gave as he slumped to his knees. Looking upwards as if he were once again begging. "Don't you get it? In a month's time, I will lose one of you." The scream which rippled from his trembling lips was the consequence to the horrific truth. Who will stay and who will leave?

"I didn't know-" Yoongi turned to Jungkook, mirroring the same desperation as the Master. The realisation forming slowly in his eyes. "But you knew..."

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇

So who should stay?

The next chapter makes me a little nervous because it will set the direction for the ending. Whether it is Yoonmin or Jikook, I hope you look forward to it. The end is almost here ☺️

Love Minty xx