Chapter 17

*Recap

"Stay with me." I whispered in a sob.

"Always." He whispered as he laid down beside me after turning off the light. I snuggled into his warm embrace, and sobbed while he quickly stroked my hair. I finally let myself relax after my sobs died down, and I let unconsciousness take me.

"Will she be all right?" A female voice, Rebekah's voice asked worriedly.

"My answer is the same as the last hundred times you asked, Rebekah! I don't know." Klaus snapped, and I rolled my eyes as I rolled on my side pulling the blanket up to my chin.

"Rebekah, can you come in here?" I whispered, and heard a sigh as the door was opened, and someone walked in.

"Just Rebekah." I whispered, and two pairs of feet shuffled out of the room quietly.

"How are you feeling?" Rebekah asked sadly as she kneeled in front of me beside the bed.

"I killed three people. I'm a murderer." I whispered, and a sigh escaped someone's lips, and I turned quickly to see Kol.

"You are most definitely not a murderer, Caroline. You are the most loving, caring, and genuine person I have ever met. You put your life at risk to save me, my family." Kol said taken back, and a tear escaped my lips at his kind words.

"Thank you." I whispered, and he nodded his head.

"You have a visitor." Rebekah said showing no emotion, and I looked at Kol questioningly, and he smirked.

"She's jealous." He said, and Rebekah glared at him.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"Your old friend Nicole came back to mystic Falls, and wants to see you. She's downstairs." Kol explained, and I jumped up.

"She's here?" I asked worried, and he nodded his head.

"Rebekah you're still my sister." I said cheekily, and pinched her cheek. She smiled, and smacked my hand away.

"You do realize if she's your sister then Nik is your brother." Kol said smugly, and I rolled my eyes then lounged at him. I smirked as I held him by the throat pinned against the wall.

"Don't be a smartas." I started, and was cut off as the door opened. I looked over to the side to see a girl of average height, light skin, bright green eyes, and pitch black hair.

"Hey, Carebear." She whispered a tear falling down her cheek.

"Nicky?" I whispered in shock.