Chapter 4- What Happens in New Mexico Stays in New Mexico

Alexandra's Point of View

I slammed down the cover of my Vera Bradley rolling luggage, envying how neatly and effortlessly Rose had packed her suitcase for our trip to New Mexico where I'd be meeting up with Tyler. "Can you come sit on this?" I begged, struggling to zip my suitcase. I heard the familiar sound of her laughter as she came from my bathroom with her polka dotted makeup bag in hand.

"I'm going to miss it here Alex," she sighed as she jumped onto my suitcase with ease, barely weighing it down.

"I mean you fit in here more than I do!" I acknowledged. Rose's two weeks in Boston with my family was perfect. She fit into it from her 'natural if anyone asks' salon highlighted blonde hair to her Jimmy Choo pumps on her feet at dinner parties. It was no surprise she would miss it here. "I'm sure you'll be missed more than I will."

"Oh my gosh no I didn't mean it like that Alex-" she said anxiously, "It's your family, they love you. You know that!"

Laughing, I finally finished zipping my suitcase. "Chill out Rosalie Grace. I didn't mean it like that."

"Okay good! But seriously your room and bathroom are perfect. Who is your designer?"

"Umm me?" I shrugged. "I did the closet too. I originally want to be an interior designer before going into journalism." I smiled looking around my bedroom at the grey and white walls and hot pink accents. The bathroom was much simpler, yet it kept the color scheme.

"Closet?" Rose questioned, looking at my curiously.

"You haven't seen it?" I asked, leading her through the bathroom and to a stable style door, finding the light switch. "Welcome to the Boston side of me. "

The light from the center chandelier lit up the room, as much as Rose's smile lit up her face. Her glee was reflected on to the mirror pains on the cabinet doors. She ran over to one, running her toes through the white fluffy run that carpeted the floor. She opened a door and squealed at the designer dresses that still had tags on it.

"You? Really?" She mumbled as she flipped through them.

"Ah yes, the girly side of me that stays in Boston. And we're keeping it that way. Come on. We're going to miss our flight."

Rose reluctantly exited my closet and grabbed her suitcase. "So you are a girly girl?"

"No. Most of that stuff still has tags. Half of the designer stuff my mom bought in hopes of me wearing. In Boston it's dinner parties, designer dresses and Alexandra. In Dallas it's hockey games, cowboy boots and Alex. I prefer the second one. "

"That's crazy. I wish I grew up like that. My mom just married into it when I was twelve."

"Well when you mom's a surgeon and your dad's a politician. You have money. Doesn't mean I like it. " We walked down to the foyer where my little sister was hanging out.

"Kat, I'm leaving to go back to school." I walked over to hug her.

"About time," she scoffed and turned to walk out of the room.

"Katherine I'm leaving too," Rose called, watching Katherine stop in her tracks and run back to hug Rose.

"Can you come back soon? And without Alexandra maybe?" Kat laughed as she hugged Rose.

"Feeling the love Kat," I rolled my eyes at her. She stuck her tongue out at me over Rose's shoulder.

"Bye Will!" I yelled as we walked out the door and into the winter wonderland of Boston streets, catching a taxi to the airport.