Chapter 7- She Cooks, She Cleans... I Want One

Alexandra's Point of View

"So I put my hands up, they're playing my song!" Rose and I sang along with Miley Cyrus as we jumped and danced around on our beds, ignoring the ever growing mountain of homework that was on the center of our floor. "The butterflies fly away! Nodding my head like yeah, movin my hips like yeah!" Our dancing was interrupted by a knock on our dorm door, which I danced over to open, revealing a frustrated looking Jordie Benn.

"Thank god you're here. We need your help planning Tyler's surprise birthday party for tonight," Jordie said, giving me a once over. "And you might want to change."

I stared at him confused, while Rose turned down the next Miley Cyrus song that had started playing. "Surprise birthday party? When's his birthday?" I looked down at my hot pink Pink sweat pants and Bruins t-shirt. "And what's wrong with my outfit?"

He glared down at me, "yes a surprise birthday, today and you're wearing a bruins shirt. That might not go over well with Tyler."

"It's his birthday? Why didn't he tell me?" I questioned. Why wouldn't you tell your own girlfriend that it was your birthday?

Jordie through his hands up in frustration. "I don't know. Now can you please change and no more questions?"

"What am I going to wear?" I ran over to my closet and started flipping through the hangers quickly.

"I thought I said no more questions," Jordie mumbled.

I whipped around from the closet to stare Jordie in the eye. "And I thought you were less annoying than your brother. I guess we both thought wrong." I gave him a slight sarcastic smile and continued to flip through the racks.

"Here. Let me," Rose said gently, catching me off guard. "Go brush out your hair and do the base of your make up."

"Okay," I said reluctantly and followed her instructions. Before I had finished priming my face, she had my outfit for the evening laid out on the bed and was working on my hair. "Rose, how'd you do that so fast?"

She laughed, "it was easy. I started with the shoes and worked my way up. The shoes are brand new. I just got them last night, so don't break them."

"Got it. Don't ask questions, don't break shoes... I think I can do this," I giggled nervously. I continued to repeat that to myself as tonight's mantra. Rose finished up my hair and makeup, before going off to choose some accessories for tonight's look. She had laid out a pair of skintight, ripped jeans and a black loose spaghetti strapped tank top with the coolest high heels ever.

"Go knock him dead," Rose pushed me out the door to where Jordie was waiting after I had finished getting ready. We walked in silence as we made our way to his sports car. But with my lack of car knowledge, I couldn't tell you what type of car it was only that it was probably expensive. The awkward silence continued as he drove us back to their apartment building, the angry sounds of metal music playing softly between us.

Once we arrived at Tyler's apartment, I found it to be empty, but a mess. There were decorations everywhere, without having a purpose. The ice cream cake had melted all over the counter and the apartment itself was a disaster.

"I see why you needed my help," I muttered under my breath before I dumped the melted cake in the trash.

Jordie let out a cry of outrage at my actions. "What'd you do that for?"

I pointed at the sticky mess the melted cake had made. "I don't know. Which one of you was the idiot who left the ice cream cake out on the counter?" I said, emphasizing the word ice cream. "What time is Tyler going to be here anyways?"