CHAPTER NINE: YOU'RE SUPER FERLY DUDE! (IT IS A WORD, LOOK IT UP)

CHAT NOIR'S POV

Once again, I'm sat alone on the Eiffel Tower, waiting for my partner to show.

"Last night I heard my mama singing a songggg, ooooo weeeee chirpy chirpy cheep cheep"

"Slightly different from your usual kitty on a rooftop song, but I can get onboard" Ladybug sneaks up from behind me as usual.

"Hey" I smile at her as she takes a seat beside me and leans her head against my shoulder.

"We need to talk, Chat"

"I am truly sorry for today-" I sigh.

"Not about that - today has been and gone. I want to address something else" she continues and the way she says 'address' makes me feel like she's going to call up Natalie and tell her I'm being insubordinate or some shit.

"Uh-huh?" I push her to explain.

"I miss us, Chat" Ladybug says simply, keeping her eyes focused on the night sky and out of my view so that I can't see any emotion behind her words.

"Really? I thought you'd be enjoying a break from my annoyance" I nudge her and chuckle.

"I'm serious. I was talking to... a friend... about how I missed hanging out with you and hearing you repeat the same, over-used pun in different scenarios! They said to talk to you about it... so here I am" she snaps her head in my direction quickly, searching my face for a reaction.

Finally, I ask "Why didn't you tell me you felt like this?" and she draws back her body in defence.

"What was I supposed to say? Hey Chat - I feel like we're becoming more and more distant recently, so I was just wondering, did you fall in love with someone else?" Ladybug blurts out and then quickly covers her mouth with her hand.

"WHAT-?" My jaw drops to the ground and I desperately try to regain composure. "I'm sorry- WHAT?"

Her whole body remains frozen in place and she doesn't make any effort to correct what she had just said, so I decide to take matters into my own hands. Literally.

I reach up with my hand and gently grab hold of her wrist, moving it away from her mouth. I watch Ladybug follow my every move with her bluebell eyes and take a sharp breath when I don't release her wrist from my grasp.

"Why did you stop calling me by those silly nicknames?" she finally whispers, dropping her gaze to the ground.

"I've been a bit preoccupied with a new friend" I answer. I then place my finger and thumb just underneath her jaw and pull her chin up so that her eyes meet mine once again. "Jealous, we're we?"

"More like curious" she quickly snaps out of her nervous state and regains her composure as the proud girl who turns me down at least three times a week. I knew this wouldn't last. 

"Trust me, no one could ever replace you bugaboo" I state confidently, before leaning over to kiss her on the forehead and then heading in the opposite direction to begin patrolling.

Just as I'm leaving I hear a 'eyuch' come from behind me and I can clearly picture Ladybug wiping her forehead with the back of her hand, despite having my back to her. She's so predicable, but I know she loves me really. Or at least that's what I'll keep telling myself until she does.

 Or at least that's what I'll keep telling myself until she does

ALEXIA'S POV...the next day at school

"And he really should have won - not only many more Oscars - but oscars for his younger performances" Alya concludes with a huff as I stare pointlessly at the concrete beneath me.

Marinette readjusts her position on the steps outside of school, swinging her body around to face her best friend. "What was your point, Alya?"

"That Leonardo DiCaprio was so much hotter when he was younger" she waves her arms about in frustration.

"Hey, ladies" we hear a cocky voice come from just ahead of us and look up to see Nino and Adrien jogging up the steps to where we are sat. Adrien has his hands held up, defensively, implying it was Nino who had greeted us in a way that was so out of character for him.

"Charming" I laugh.

"Endearing" Mari joins in.

"Sexy" Alya ends, reaching up to bring Nino into a kiss as we all grimace.

"Do that in your own time" Adrien gestures towards the two with disgust and takes a seat beside me.

"Morning" he nudges his elbow into my side and smiles. "I've been thinking and I think I know you a lot better after our date yesterday evening".

"It wasn't a date" I cut him off.

"Yeah, yeah I know. Friend-date, outing, whatever you want to call it; I think I learnt a little about your opinions on certain topics" he says confidently.

"That's why I say we either look at a creative topic, such as the arts or literature since you clearly liked visiting the library, or something more politically focused, like the gender pay gap and inequality for our presentation"

I look at him stunned.

Those are two massively different topics but at least he listens.

He lets me remain in my speechless state for a short while longer but when I still don't respond he leans down and whispers in my ear "Unless you want to do our presentation on what turns me on. That also seems to interest you".

Now it's my turn to blush.

"Whatever, Agreste" I push him away from me. "One of the first ideas is fine"

He laughs and I turn away, trying desperately to look everywhere but at him, when my eyes meet Marinette's. She looks worried and there is a glimmer of sadness in her eyes. It's like... it's like... oh shit... it's like her crush had just stuck it on someone else right in-front of her.

I know that Adrien was just pissing around and trying to get a reaction out of me, but Marinette doesn't.

"Let's head inside Mari" I half smile at her. "While Alya's distracted," I motion towards Nino and Alya in the same way Adrien had before "I can sit next to you for a change".