CHAPTER FOURTEEN: ED SHEERAN WOULDN'T TREAT ME LIKE THIS

ADRIEN'S POV

"So you're telling me you don't think Ladybug was acting strangely?" I ask, surprised.

"Not at all, kid"

"But she flipped out on me when I admitted to visiting the Dupain-Cheng's house" I continue to pressure Plagg for a response I can get onboard with.

She was acting like a dick. Obviously I wouldn't say that to My Lady's face, but its true.

"There's nothing strange about jealousy. It's a human emotion" he grins at me. "You have to remember that Ladybugs a teenage girl behind the mask and you know more than anyone how unhinged they can be - with all your modelling crap and millions of fans"

"You shouldn't say things like that, Plagg" I frown.

"God. You're an even bigger pussy than I am... and I'm a fucking cat" he laughs and flies away.

"Ladybug wasn't jealous..." I yell after him even though I know he won't be tuning back into this conversation anytime soon.

But why am I defending her?

I'm so sick and tired of going on patrol with Ladybug just for her to list all the mistakes I've ever made, complain about how our friendship isn't the same anymore or blow-a-fuse when I put a pinkie-toe out of line. It's safe to say that I'm feeling more and more like a side character everyday and less like the '#girlboss' I was made to be!

I need to distract myself.

Me: I'm coming to get you.

Alexia: Creepy.

Me: No, like get your arse up. We're going out.

Alexia: You're taking me on a date?!?! :o

Me: You wish. I'll be there in ten.

I open the door to the Dupain-Cheng's bakery, tapping my pocket slightly with my free hand to make sure Plagg is still in there and not off trying to steal some unsuspecting Parisian's food

"Hello" I wave at Marinette's parents as I step further into the room. The door shuts with a clunk behind me.

"It smells amazing in here! What are you making?"

"Adrien it's great to see you again" Sabine smiles a contagious smile, answering "We're midway through making a batch of Éclairs, though we have just pulled the Cinnamon Cannelés out the oven if you would like to try one?"