CHAPTER TEN: HOBBY CRAFT

ALEXIA'S POV

"You wanna talk about it?" I turn to Mari as we both take a seat in registration.

"Nope" she answers instantly.

"That 'nope' seemed a little forced. Come on, tell me what your thinking" I push her for the truth.

"Okay" she takes in a sharp breath, "I'm thinking that the love of my life has managed to fall for you in the space of a few days, whereas he hasn't batted an eye at me since we met however many years ago".

"Mari-"

"I'm also thinking that, despite your promise, there are a million reasons why you can and probably should fall for Adrien Agreste" she finishes, taking yet another sharp breath and holding it for a few seconds, before releasing it with a shaky ahhh.

"Why are you so sure I will fall for his charms?" I belly laugh. She really does care for him.

"Are you joking me? First of all, have you seen the boy? Even if you don't think he's attractive, I think his professional status as a 'model' says otherwise"

Marinette starts on her list of reasons why Adrien is the 'perfect boy' in an attempt to get me not to like him? I'm not too sure where she's going with this.

"Or maybe he's a model because his father designs the clothes he wears at his shoots" I counter.

"Okay, well... he's selfless. He's constantly giving to the less fortunate"

"Hmm. That's the least he can do with his piles of gold laying around" I joke back.

"He's very talented. Piano, Chinese and Fencing are just three things I can think of off the top of my head that he practices day in and day out" she smiles proudly thinking I'm not going to fight her on this one.

And I'm not going to. Argue, that is...

"God loves a trier" I remark.

"You've always got an answer, haven't you?" Mari finally drops the argument and giggles at the extent of our stupidity.

"Look, I know Adrien isn't the arsehole I thought he was to begin with - I agree with you, he's actually pretty sweet. But my point is that I'm not in llooovvveee with him and he's not in love with me, so you don't have anything to worry about"

I decide to wrap up the conversation, just as Nino, Adrien and Alya join us in the classroom. Nino and Adrien take a seat in the row in-front of us and Alya slides down the bench to sit beside Marinette.

I want to be sure Mari isn't worried about me and Adrien if we ever hang out in the future. "Besides, I might have a thing for a certain black cat" I tell her.

"CHAT NOIR?" Marinette looks about as shocked as I am at what had just come out of my mouth.

For fucks sake. Why was he the first person I thought of?

"Have you even met the guy?" she questions, her jaw still on the floor.

"Uh- yeah. During an attack on Paris one time" I manage to say.

"And...?"

I think she's expecting a lot more than I can deliver.

"He just seemed charming and he was... attractive" What the actual fuck? I am digging my own grave here. "Plus, being a super hero is kind of an interesting trait to have" I add.

An interesting trait? I'm not designing a character in a game. I think I'm loosing it.

After about a minute of silence, I gather up the courage to look around at my other friends, knowing full well that they had just earwigged on that entire conversation - thanks to Marinette's ability to yell 'CHAT NOIR' as loudly as physically possible. Alya has her phone out and is recording my every-word as Nino stands over her shoulder trying to hold a laugh in. 

Adrien, however, is in the same place as before, except now he has turned around to face me and it look as though his soul has left his body.

"You good?" I ask hesitantly and he shakes his head in an attempt to snap out of whatever the hell is happening.

"Y-yeah" he manages to say, quickly replacing his stunned expression with a smirk.

"Hmm" I nod.

What have I done?

ADRIEN'S POV

Of all the things I expected to happen today, finding out Alexia liked me, well, Chat Noir me, was not one of them.

I have only met her as my super hero persona about two times, the first of which we didn't even speak to each other, and most recently when I randomly picked her up and took her to an Alleyway after never having met her.

I assumed she would have thought that whole ordeal was kinda creepy, but maybe she found it intriguing?

Hmm. Chat Noir's more of a babe magnet than I thought.

...

Shush. You don't need to say it. I already threw up in my own mouth at that last comment. Let's just forget it happened.

"Plagg, claws-"

Before I can finish, the little black kwami springs into action, using both his little... nubs?... to hold my mouth shut.

"What do you think you're doing, kid?" He asks, with wayyy more aggression than necessary.

"Ahummmm" I motion to wear he's still holding my mouth shut.

"Right, let's try this again" Plagg steps back, putting his... arm ends?... on his hips. "What do you think you're doing, kid?"

"I..."

"Shushhhh" Plagg quiets me again.

You have to be kidding me.

"Is there an akuma?"

"No"

"Does Ladybug need you?"

"No"

"Is it life or death"

"No"

"Does it concern food for a certain, very cool, kwami?"

"Plagg!"

"I'm taking that as a no, so I'll be on my merry way then. Goodnight, kid"

"We're going to see Alexia. Plagg, Claws Out" I quickly say before he can stop me again and just before he get slurped up in to my ring, or wherever he goes, I hear a little "suck a fat one".

Now I know where Chat Noir gets his charm from.