62 - Mountain

Christopher
***

I woke up to the sound of my loud coffee machine. I opened one eye, my head tucked under the covers, and noticed Ali wasn't next to me. I lifted my head towards the door and saw that it was open.

I didn't even bother checking the time. I was so sleepy and the bedsheets were so warm that I didn't want to move. I closed my eyes again, trying to block the soft light that was coming in through the door.

Despite my love for sleep, it didn't bother me one bit to be woken up from Alison making noise in the kitchen. I would much rather wake up that way than to the sound of my alarm and be greeted by an empty house.

When the screeching of the machine came to a stop, I heard the swirling of a spoon inside ceramic coffee mugs. The spoon was dropped in the sink, and then I heard Ali's footsteps coming closer and closer.

The sound of her feet on the hardwood floor stopped when she stepped on the carpet. Still with my eyes completely closed and my head tangled in sheets, she set the coffee on my bedside table, the scent of the drink from the gods unmistakable.

Slowly she peeled back the covers, revealing my face. She smoothed my hair out of the way before kissing my forehead.

"Chris, I made you coffee." She whispered, stretching the vowel of my name in a songlike way.

The corners of my mouth perked up into a smile as I twisted my body to face her, extending my arms out to stretch my limbs. I slowly opened my eyes, taking in the natural, lazy, unkept beauty of Alison's appearance.

"Hey." I greeted, my voice thick from sleep. "Is it my birthday? What did I do to deserve coffee in bed?"

She gave me a peck on the cheek. "Can't I do something nice without having a reason?"

I smiled, rubbing my eyes. "You spoil me."

She walked to the other side of the bed and got under the sheets, sitting with her legs crossed and her back resting against the headboard, careful not to spill her coffee.

I snuggled against her body. She giggled, taking my arm and trying to pull it away.

"Chris, come on, the coffee will get cold."

I kissed her hipbone. "Let it."

She sighed, knowing she wouldn't change my mind. As my throughts drifted to the memories of the night before, Ali softly ran her fingers through my hair. This was my favorite way she showed me affection.

"Hey baby, let me take a look at your leg." I said, remembering what I had done to her last night.

She lifted the blanket just enough to expose her thigh. Sure enough, there was a small patch of reddened skin on the spot I poured the hot candle wax.

I kissed the wound repeatedly, as if my lips would make it heal faster. I didn't enjoy putting Alison through physical pain, but I did enjoy the feeling of her submitting to me. That red mark on her leg was much more than just a wound. It represented her trust in me. The same applied to her wrists and ankles, but the restrains hadn't left any marks, only redness which went away during the night.

"You were mean to me." She pouted as I pecked her skin.

I lifted my head to look at her, chuckling. "How mean?"

She continued to caress my scalp. "Very mean. I didn't like the wax."

With these words, I sat up, turning to the bedside table and taking the coffee.

"Alright, you didn't like it, but is it something you'd consider doing again or not?" I asked. "Those are two very different types of not liking."

I sipped my coffee. Alison lowered her eyes in thought. Noticing her discomfort, I snaked my arm around her neck and pulled her to me.