silly little stupid love

when i woke my arm was underneath your body, tingling with pain under your weight.

but then i saw you sleeping, and i appreciated the way your lips were parted slightly and i noticed how long your eyelashes were and wondered why i hadn't picked up on that before.

and in that moment the pain in my arm felt worth it to see you so calm.

and then you moved closer, in your sleep. so close our foreheads are touching and i'm holding my breath, trying my hardest not to wake you up. i worry that you can hear my heart beating under the sheets.

i close my eyes so that if you do wake up, maybe you'll think i'm sleeping too, and then maybe you'll stay like that.

stay close.

i can smell you, and i almost laugh at how even in your sleep, you still smell like an old, well kept attic. the coldness of the morning air in contrast to the warm blankets with you underneath almost makes me drift off again.  

"i know your awake!"

i heard your quiet and squeaky morning voice, making me grin and blow my cover.

"i knew it!"

i peak open my eyes slowly and see your sparkly brown ones staring back at me, bright like stars.

your lips pulled into a beam. you looked at me, your eyes following the path that went under the blankets, noticing my arm and then jumping up, almost off the bed.

"fran! why didn't you tell me i was squashing your arm?" you asked, your jaw dropping as you scooted back over to me to caress my wrist gently, stroking your fingers up and down it with apologetic puppy eyes.

"because you weren't! it doesn't hurt that much, i'm just glad you're no derek morgan." i said, gently poking you in the abs with a lighthearted smile.

"ok, ouch. i've been working out!" you said with a goofy eye roll as you played with my fingers.

as if to prove a point you wrapped your arms around my body and hoisted me up, dragging me to the bathroom.

you set me down, my feet landing on the cold tile floor gently. i felt goosebumps on my legs, and suddenly felt weirdly exposed in just my bra and shorts.

you rubbed my shoulder lovingly before using it to push me up against the wall, catching my head to make sure it didn't bang against the door.

you removed your hand from the back of my head slowly, working your fingers through my hair with small tugs that made my entire body shudder.

you left sharp kisses on my neck, marking it red when you pulled away, like a sweet tattoo. i wished that they were tattoos, a permeant reminder of how much you loved me.  i leaned into your warm lips and out of the corner of my eye i saw you smirk against my skin.

i think it's the way you crash your soft lips against mine, not hesitant and shy but not desperate either. it made me melt for you in that overpriced hotel that i'd call home as long as you were there with me.

"derek morgan wouldn't treat you this well though, would he?" you said, pulling away to look me in the eyes with a grin.

i opened my mouth but any coherent thought that could pass through my head was slowly fading away.

you cocked your head and brushed my hair behind my ears in a teasing manner, clearly waiting for a response.